Heart Racing
Why does my heart race when I lie down to sleep at night? Also, with it racing I experience a shortness of breath. I do have a history of tachycardia arrythmia since I was 11 years old. I had heart laser surgery in 1999 to fix the problem. It took me two years to get over that surgery. My heart actually seemed worse. Eventually my body accepted the surgery and began to be normal. Lately I  have noticed a shortness of breath and heart racing when I go to bed. I am not under a doctors care for my heart and have not been since my heart got better. I do not think I am under stress even though I have been laid off since April of this year. I am actually enjoying my time off and relaxing.
That's a very tough call, as there can be many reasons for it.  I would suggest you get back under a doctor's care and get an event monitor to find out what the arrhythmia actually is and go from there.