Aa
A
A
Close
Heart Rate During Exercise
Hello,

I am a 25 year old male 5'10 140 pounds who exercises daily. However, frequently during my cardio workouts where i use an exercise bike for 30 minutes i notice that my heart rate goes all over the place from 160-95 in a matter of minutes even though i am working out at the same pace. when this happens i try switching machines and get the same results. Last mounth i wore a 24 hour holter monitor and everything came back normal.

Any Ideas on what causes this or are the machines just faulty?

Thanks

Brent
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
612551 tn?1450025775
In the absence of any other "symptoms" I'd guess you are not getting accurate readings from the machines.  I assume you are using the hand grips.

You could benefit from a personal HR monitor, there are several brands, and I think the ones that have a chest strap are the best.  

Did you exercise while wearing the heart monitor?  If not, seems the test missed the point, the case where you have problems,  Have it run again, or perhaps a stress test would better test you situation as it measures the heart while you exercise.

Again, absent other symptoms, just try to measure you heart rate by some other means, even using the touch and count method - manual method.  Also try to determine if you pulse feels regular, whatever the rate is, it should be very regular.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
2 hrs ago
317787 tn?1468754865
Blank
Dee1956 commented on THIS NEW FORUM STINKS...
14 hrs ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Gun Disarm Technique
14 hrs ago by gymdandee
Heart Rhythm Community Resources