Heart Rhythm Community
Heart Shakes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heart Shakes

Hello,
I am 33 and for the last 6 months I have been waking up to my heart shaking about twice a week.  It still beats regularly though, usually 60 - 70 beats/min when I check it.  If I put my hand on my heart I can feel two distinct things, it's beating normally, and it is trembling.   It even causes my upper body to tremble a bit.  I have done so much research and I find many things on your heart racing, or it can stop beating and "quiver", but mine beats regularly, and trembles at the same time.  Any suggestions on what this may be?  Thanks so much for your response.  I really appreciate it.
Sincerely,
Gina
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
There is something call internal shaking. Some women get it with hormonal changes and menopause. Sometimes I can get a feeling of a very slight vibration in my chest, it is very annoying , but it doesn't last long.
Blank
454421_tn?1208841688
I think artskip's comments are very good on this.  

Thought I'd just add that I've also experienced this internal shaking feeling.  I'm a 31 year old male, so I can rule out menopause for me.  :)  Some have mentioned in the past that GI issues (e.g., gas or other intestinal goings-on) and/or esophogus spasms/problems could be a contributor.  I too initially found online articles that were focused on a-fib (the "quivering"), but I don't think it's the same sensation.

But I swear though that sometimes it does feel like my heart itself is shaking.  I don't know why, but I'm trying to convince myself it's not serious.  It's just one of many problems that I'm trying to laugh myself through at this point.  Good luck to you!

Blank
Thank you for your help.  I will do some research on the things you both said.  Oddly, I did go to the doctor because I was having many pre-menopause symptoms.  They want me to come in right away when the heart shaking happens and do a EKG.  The problem is, the shake only lasts 1-2 minutes, so I dont think I could make it to the hospital in time.  On my next appointment  they are going to hook me up to a heart monitor or something that I wear home.  I feel like they were scratching there heads as to what it could be.  Palpitations is a symptom of menopause, but when I read the definition of palpitations, it is not what I have.  I swear it is my heart that is trembling.  I will look up "internal shaking" and see what it says.  Thanks again.  You have been helpful. It bothers me when I have something that no one can actually diagnose.  I just had brain surgery last year and I am too darn young for all these problems.  Uhg!
Blank
I have experienced this and it makes me shake all over also. My cardiologist thinks it is A-fib but I am not convinced. I have never caught it on a heart monitor but usually my pvc's bring it on. I will have a series of pvc's and then it feels like my heart is quivering . I can't really get a steady pulse, but it does not make me pass out. I kind of feel like I might,  but mostly you can put your hand on my chest and completely feel it shaking. My husband said it feels like a bumble ball in my chest. I called 911 the first time it happened, but by the time they got to my house it was over and my rhythm was back to normal. Hopefully it is just a hormonal thing. I also have some of the pre-menopause symptoms, but we are too young for that, right:) I am 35f
Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
8272050_tn?1397832020
Blank
sarveshyadav commented on  Things Killing Your ...
6 hrs ago
996946_tn?1385991151
Blank
LindaTX uploaded a new photo
Apr 20
1236893_tn?1394988190
Blank
gymdandee commented on  Things Killing Your ...
Apr 20
Heart Rhythm Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...
Mar 26 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
1344197_tn?1392822771