Heart beats hard and fast for about 13 hours
Pretty much from when I was a little kid, every few months my heart skips a beat, I have a split second shortness of breath then my heart starts beating almost 3 times as hard as regular, and almost twice as fast.  If I look at my chest, I can actually see my chest beating slightly shaking up and down.  I did some research and I came across Tachycardia.  I read some other peoples stories and their hearts beat for 4 minutes to 4 hours sometimes, I haven't came across one more than 4 hours.

It happens for about 12 - 15 hours.  Like yesterday at 4:00 pm it started beating very hard and fast, then it continued and I fell asleep at about 12:00 am, then I woke up at around 5:00 am and it was still beating fast.  It might have lasted a bit longer because I fell to sleep again, but it finally went away.

I am 18, turning 19 in September and started taking asthma medication at around 14 years old.  I read sometimes asthma medication side effects can cause a fast heart rate for a long period of time.  But I think I have been getting a fast heart rate from when I was younger.  I never paid much attention up until now because my parents told me it was nothing, but now I am a bit curious because I would rather not just drop down and die randomly if it can be prevented.  Haha maybe MJ got me into research mode.

If someone can help me out with this that would be awesome!  :)
Do your parents know for sure that it's "nothing?" Have you seen a cardiologist or worn a heart monitor for a period of time? That's the best way to find out what type of arrhythmia you have. There are several different types of tachy, some are harmless and some can be life threatening. But you need to see a cardiologist to find out what's going on. And there are treatment options so you don't have to go through this every now and then.

I also have asthma and take meds for it. But my albuterol will only raise the heart rate for about 10 minutes and then it will gradually drop back to normal.

Do you have any idea how fast your heart rate is during those times? Keep a record of dates, length of time and how fast, whether it starts suddenly or gradually. Then see a doctor. You need to know what's going on before you decide that it's "nothing" to worry about. Good luck.
Should I wait for it to happen again then go see a doctor when it does? I feel perfectly normally whenever it is not happening and I bet my doctor will say it is fine, I feel he is getting too old fashioned and saying everything is fine.  He didn't catch my asthma until I was grade 9 I think even though he has been my doctor my whole life and I've had asthma my whole life.
If you're not comfortable with the doctor you have, you may want to see someone else that can take a fresh look at your general health. Since your tachy seems to happen only occasionally (not daily), an event monitor may be needed to "catch" one of your episodes. Be sure to let the doctor know the frequency and the duration. If you can, take your pulse during the tachy time to get a feel for the rate. This is all good information to have ready when you go in. Hope you get some answers soon.