Heart fluttering
my heart is twitching or fluttering as some would say. I am not sure what this could be. I have NO pain at all! It is just like happening the past 2 days. I called my Dr. this morning after experiencing this all night and she suggest I go to the emergency room and get some test done. Is this something normal that happens to other people too? I am only 35 years old. I do smoke is it maybe related to that? I can see the twitching when it happens it is like looking at my heart beat.
Atrial flutter just happens sometimes. Good news, it is not life threatening. Bad news, if you feel the symptoms it can get pretty uncomfortable (from my own experience)
There are plenty of ways of treating flutter : medications and procedures. And if your heart is in good condition which I assume it is you will get rid of the flutter soon
I have the occasional fluttering feeling under my breastbone as well,,,,,does not happen constantly, may happen a few times a day for a few days and then may not happen for a while - I have no paid either.....it just feels very weird.  I was diagnosed with acid reflex about a year ago, and now take a daily prilosec pill....I was wondering if this might be causing the fluttering?  It is a very disconcerting feeling,,,and if it keeps up, I may get my doctor to check it out.....