Heart function following node ablation due to AFib
I had what they call a "complete heart block" through an ablation porcedure and a pacemaker implant. Now another doctor wants to turn the pacemaker off while he performs an electrosurgery procedure on an artery in my neck. Can my heart function well enough to keep me alive without a pacemaker?
I suggest your neck surgeon get approval from your cardiologist (or EP) before turning of you pacemaker... does the surgeon him/herself intend to turn the PM off, or are you expected to come to the with the PM off?

While I too suffer from AFib, it is "rate controlled" sufficiently to let my heart run on its own misguided rhythm, so I have not needed a PM.  But, understand that your situation is one of full dependence on your PM, am I correct?  That is, you can not just turn it off.

You have to discuss with your cardiologist, I'm just sympathizing with you concern, with I think is justified.