Heart palpitations in throat
I am a 20 yr old female w/ RA . Lately I have been feeling palpitations in my throat. It feels like it is hard to breath or swallow but I do not feel short of breath. it almost feels like some one is pushing down on my trachea and esophogus. Any answers?

This discussion is related to Feeling heart beats.
hey, hope today your better , i have lots of pacs and they are really scarey. i do not have them beat in my throat but my mom does she always says they are the worse.

when she has hers it makes her very nerveous and little sick at her stomack i think it does that because shes so scared. she says her chest feels funny what ever that is . she has been having them like that for years on years and shes still here and find.

she also says it feels like something in her throat to. if you have been to dr and had a check up with your heart they are not to worry over ( easy said right) . maybe you can get a heart montor and wear it they can tell what they are and what your heart is doing at time. i have wore many for 30 days always good. keep intouch and try not stress to bad it only makes them worse.
Yes, I've had that sensation for years with some of my arrhythmias. It doesn't seem to happen with my tachy times, just when I have lots of ectopics (premature beats) close together. But it does feel like someone has their thumb pressed into my throat. Obviously I keep breathing or I wouldn't be writing this. Try doing a firm cough or two. That has helped me in the past to kick my hiccuping heart back to normal.
Thanks Ill try that Ive also noticed it feels like there is something stuck in my throat sometimes to after this happens. I went to the doctor for a physical last month and he said my heart sounded normal. I think I may just be anxious and worried about it and that makes it worse sometimes. I hope whatever it is will go away before my classes start back up.