Heart rate & beat pressure at night only ?
48 yr old male with history of benign pac/pvc's....on 80mg beta blocker (corgard) and 5mg zestril for htn....also statin (zocor 20mg) and Nexium for GERD....

Ive been on Corgard for 15 years..started at 40mg until 5 years ago when I had alot of pvc (1200 a day) so then went to 80mg and the pvc's have pretty much dissipated last 5 years....Occasional wine drinker, non smoker and in decent shape.....

1 month ago i was in bed around 11pm after a few glasses of wine and food my heart just kicked up to about 120 bpm for about 2-3 min....someimes after wine and food late my heart usually beats hard and increases somewhat BUT THIS WAS MORE THAN DOUBLE MY USUAUL RATE !!!  Beacuse of my BB my HR is always around 45-48 BPM at night and I'm fine with this....Since this episode almost 4 weeks ago i still seem to have increased HR...ONLY AT NIGHT WHEN I LAY DOWN TO SLEEP...My heart mainly beats HARDER than ususal with slight increase in rate....This has been going on for 3-4 weeks now...not every night....maybe twice a week or so....All day long is fine ...It just happens at night...So strange !!!  Ironically I just had a stress echo a week before this all happened and everything was fine !!!

Just had event monitor hooked up and so far nothing unusual has been seen....

Looking for an informative opinion here because my doc seems stumped and i'm so frustrated...

You mention eating and alcohol related to the first run, are you still eating and or drinking before bed (in the 4 hours before going to bed)?  If so you have a solution.  If not then the first experience with eating before may have been a coincidence, but I do understand all of us see at least a slight increase in heart rate when we eat.  I can't say I've ever noticed it, and I like to eat.

Always best to discuss any new and uncomfortable symptoms with your doctor.  The best you can hope for on the web is someone telling you what they know, e.g., me, which is often very little.