Heart rate and spO2 dropping and jumping
So I’ve had an on and off issue that has been persistent for the last 2 years. Started around January of 2014

Current Symptoms
-Jumpy heart rate
-Chest flutters
-Pinching feeling in my chest usually during light activity
-Felling of my heart rate in my back
-Small level of light headed feeling
-Sleep jolts (when I am trying to fall asleep before actually fall asleep I get a jolt like felling from my chest but has been in my legs and arm previously, which can happen several times before I actually fall asleep)
-Erectile Dysfunction (see below)

The root cause

2 years ago I started having a type of erectile dysfunction (not in the sense you’d normally think). My issue is that my erections are overly stiff and rigid including ejaculation is rough and very tight (this is due trauma which I believe has inhibited blood from properly flowing out). Including the most annoying part that I keep waking up with an erection several times every night (usually 2-3 and every few hours). I have to sit up in order for the erection to go away and it usually takes 5min but sometimes up to 30min (note – I cannot sleep through this, I’ve tried but it just does not work, it does not go away unless I sit up)

The reason I say this is the root cause is that my heart problems started about 2 months after this. Also if I sit up right away after waking up and refrain from sexual activity for a while my chest pain decreases significantly. (or at least it use to but 2 years of this has taken its toll) (The only condition I could find that was similar to this is Priapism)

Heart problems

Currently my resting pulse is around 88 bpm but this can jump to 100 or as low as 78 for resting. SpO2 is usually around 94-98%

For light activity on average from just doing simple tasks like drinking water or standing up my heart rate can spike to 120 bpm  and then drop back quickly.

Recently I was feeling more worn down and tired and I decided to get a pulse oximeter to test my heart rate. After checking for the last few days I discovered that my pulse and SpO2 level drop significantly as soon as I stand up and start walking. Heart rate drops as low as 40-50 bpm and SpO2 level drops to around 70 or lower and sometimes the oximeter will actually disconnect and the screen goes blank, meaning it could be much lower than displayed. This usually stays consistent for about a minute (unless I stop walking) and then my heart rate will spike up past 100bpm (I’ve tested the oximeter on a friend just to verify if it was working properly and he had no issues when walking around, and I’ve tested myself on a treadmill with an attached heart rate monitor and my pulse did the same thing)

What I’m doing
-Eating healthy (greens, beet juice, smoothies)
-Supplements (Fish oil and vitamins)
-Limited sexual activity (average once a week)
-Very Limited Alcohol (maybe once a month)
-No Caffeine, or Smoking

Prescriptions
Currently not taking any. I did take Trenral for the ED issue but that was in June of 2012 and then again about a year and half ago (It worked ok the first time but not the second time where it started to affect my heart rate so I had to stop it)

I’ve got an appointment to see a cardiologist this week to find out more. And I am setting up an appointment with a urologist for the ED issue.

My question is if have any of you good doctors seen any issues similar to this and what I may expect down the road. My heart issue seems to be getting very serious and I want to do anything I can now to get it under control. I believe that if I can just clear out the ED issue then the heart issue should eventually get better but I’m not a doctor.

Much appreciation for any suggestions or advice.

Thanks!