Heart squeeze, heart bubbling, shortness of breath
Hi iam 26 years old and for the past 5 months have been having a series of unusual symptoms. It all started with vaginal spotting it went on for two months, then I started to have a fluttering feeling in my heart accompanied by low fever and lightheaded. I went to the ER and was told I was suffering from anxiety! Well I was a little stressed however this has never stopped. I happen to have these heart spasms suddenly now where I feel like a squeeze in my heart while resting! I went too theER for this the did an ekg and xray all seemed fine! Well I have been like this two months after that last visit to the ER and I still get the heart squeeze and the sensation of something moving constantly in there. I also feel lathargic, fatigued, out of breath doing normal things like brushing my hair, I am really concerned! All the doctors tell me is that iam to young and that all is fine...but I now it is not... I have a bubbling sensation in my heart all day and thumps! I get spaced out and disoriented while driving and have constant shortness of breath! Also may I add my mother has had two heat attacks , a heart anurisym, prolapsed valve syndrome and QT syndrome, my dad has also had a heart attack and has diabetes, and every type of cancer has been in my family from breast to colon liver and skin all cancers! If anyone could help I woul really apppreciate it thank you!
ER just takes a quick look, if they don't see anything at the moment, they send you home. You are NOT too young to have issues with your heart. That's a bunch of hooey. Can you make an appointment with a regular doctor and talk this over? If they do an ECG and your heart is feeling fine, they won't see a thing. They have to record it while it's acting up. That may require wearing an ambulatory monitor for a couple of days. It's no big deal since it's very small, easy to tuck into a pocket. The flutters and jumps may be premature beats which many people have. They're not particularly dangerous if your heart is normal in all other aspects. But it would sure help for you to know that. Hope you can make an appt. Be sure to mention your family's heart history.
I agree with Ireneo.  The ER is just for life threatening situations and if they feel you're okay at the moment, they will let you go.  Usually, tho, they tell you to follow up with your regular doctor.  I think this deserves further scrutiny -- your peace of mind is enough reason to check it out.  The anxiety you suffer from not knowing for sure what's going on could be making your heart worse.  If your regular doc is not a good diagnostician, try to find one.  Good luck.
Thank you for your responses. I have had that monitor before when I was 22 and had it for three months. I had to call in every day for them to record the readings and they said all was fine! I made an appointment with the cardiolagist this up coming week I really hope to get some answers because this is haulting my life completly. That is very true in the ER they don't do but just an ekg and chest xray! And I did not feel the symptoms while I wa s there! I will keep you posted to see what my results are iam hoping its nothing serious! Thank you! :)
I say this over and over: Physicians and ER's are all too eager to take the easy route and blame it on anxiety. You must keep on them!  Keep a log your events, and don't let up.  They'll have you a medicated zombie on all kinds of anti-nmdepressants, Xanax, and Paxil, and you'll still be suffering the same symptoms.  Trust what YOU are feeling and don't give up until you get someone who'll take the time to delve a little deeper.
I agree with the others.  A reputable cardiologist should be able to get to the bottom of this.  A 7-day Holter monitor might be beneficial and I'm sure they'll do an ECG as well.  And logging your events is an excellent idea.  Also if you notice any triggers, like caffeine, or alcohol, cold meds or energy drinks, certainly keep that in mind to ask the Dr.