Help with PVCS
Will Sotolol or Flecinade help to ease PVCS?
Very interested in your question also.  My cardio prescribed me Flecainide for PVC's but I am not taking it at this time.  I would also like more info before considering it, so I bumped up your question in hopes that someone may have some helpful answers to your question.
Looks like we are on our own Bon-Bon did not get any response yet.
I have been on both, neither seemed to do anything for the PVCs or PACs, I'm not sure if they have a drug that can do anything for them. I used flecainide on a as needed basis when I went into strong afib episodes, it sort of worked like nitro and slowed my heart and helped convert, but the PVC/PACs would still be there.  The sototlol seems to slow everything (my pulse and BP but I again still had the PVC/PACs - I think that maybe they try to use it to slow things down so that why it is less likely you'll notice unless your hypersensitive like me.  Sototlol I've been on for a month but we just stopped and I'm trying rhymtholol again as I haven't done so well on it.
Docshawn:  Thank you Docshawn, for sharing your experiences.  I tend to be a hypersensitive person too.  I hope the rhymtholol helps you this time.  I have heard some people have had good success with that medication.  Keep us posted because we all wish you good health and healing.  

scooter01 and All:  When my cardiologist prescribed Flecainide for my PVC's he told me it was highly adviseable that I take it and to make sure that I take it every single day without missing a dose.  But when I asked him if it will help reduce the PVC's he said that they might get better, they might get worse or they may stay the same, that there was no way of knowing until I take the Flecainide; so, go home and take it.  So, based on what he told me, I chose "not" to take it.

He also highly suggested that I have the Ablation procedure done in addittion to taking the Flecainide and that the Ablation would "cure" the problem and then it would be a possibility that I would be able to come off the Flecainide at a later date or, maybe not.  But, when I point blank asked him if the procedure will help reduce or get rid of PVC's he said that they may get better, they may get worse with additional arrythmias or you may notice no difference at all.  This was right after him telling me just beforehand that it would "cure" the problem; therefore, based on what he told me, I chose not to do it.

I received this same opinion from 3 doctors.  But, nonetheless, they feel that medication and Ablation is the way to go.  I don't understand that, based on what they said.

Since then (over 2 years ago) I've chosen not to take anti-arhythmia drugs nor had the procedure done.  But, nonetheles, I am doing much better with approx. half the PVC's I was experinecing the years before.  In my case, I continue to get better as I address stress points and anxiety issues.

P.S.  I would also like to add that I have read others comments that stated that they have had good success with Flecainide reducing their PVC's and sometimes quiet considerably.  You may want to check out the post under "Other related discussions" on the bottom of this page.  Look at "EAT: Flecainide or ablation?  

Hope this helps.
Bon-Bon
Thanks for the information.

Hi from the UK.

Just thought I would add that here the specialists only use flecanide as a last resort and only as an in-patient. I have been on sotalol as an anti-arrythmic for three years and as Shawn says it reduces BP, heart-rate and just about everything else in your life ( ! ) and still bigeminy and PVC's, you name it. It really only makes you feel less stressed about the whole thing. I have been in bigeminy off and on for four days now, BP has not got above 90/62, heart rate 90 at the most and still bumpbangbumpbang endlessly. I am told not to worry wait until you get to hospital next month !!  I have asked for alternative meds because I wonder if it has lost effect after so long, and my GP says no. I wish there was a super-pill or something to make this STOP.

Best wishes.   Julie.
I have been on Flecainide now for a few months and it has completely gotten rid of my PVC's/PAC''s( I had about 10,000 a day) and all my irregular beats. It has been amazing for them. I have very slow and fast rates as well and it has helped with those but not gotten rid of them. My husband calls it a miracle pill. I am not saying that it has cured me and my doctor did not say that it would. He said that it would help with my symptoms and it definitely has done that. I have sick sinus syndrome so still will have to deal with other issues in the future but right now this has been great for me. I think it is different for everyone like all medicines and you will not know until you try it. Good luck!!!