Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Hi Docs! Can you help me narrow this down?

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

I am not even sure what to call this. I consider myself a healthy 28 year old female. 5'6" height, 143 pounds weight.
I admit that I have not been active as usual over the past year, but I still don't sit around and eat Doritos!
I have had heart "fluttering" in the past, but ever the past 2-3 weeks, I have been experiencing pain, in what feels like INSIDE of, and over my heart. I have NEVER felt this in my entire life. I have felt pain in the center of my chest, and honestly it would be usually due to some heartbreak or something, something emotional.
I have never felt pain in the actual organ. Right now as I type, it's like a light cramped feeling, in more intense moments, it is like a charlie horse that you'd get in a muscle. In a way it is fascinating, because yes we all know the heart is a muscle, but now it really feels like one! Of course it is rather frightening at the same time.
The heart just feels 'tight," and dull pain, and at moments, there is a sharp pain.
At this time I am not having any pain in the center of my chest.

Any insightful ideas/possibilities?
If you are having chest pains, you should talk to a doctor to help determine the cause.  the differential diagnosis is very broad and would require many questions to narrow the possibilities.  An EKG is essential.  If you have active chest pain, you should be evaluated by a doctor.  

I hope this helps.
I'm not certain whether the doctors will agree, but if I were experiencing what you describe I'd get to a doctor as soon as possible.  It sounds like possible angina... which could mean different things.  Women often present differently than men in terms of heart disease and heart attack.  In fact, I would probably hit the emergency room if the symptoms were frequent and severe.  Always better safe than sorry :).  This is only how I would handle it, and I'm not a doctor.