Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Hi Docs! Can you help me narrow this down?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hi Docs! Can you help me narrow this down?

I am not even sure what to call this. I consider myself a healthy 28 year old female. 5'6" height, 143 pounds weight.
I admit that I have not been active as usual over the past year, but I still don't sit around and eat Doritos!
I have had heart "fluttering" in the past, but ever the past 2-3 weeks, I have been experiencing pain, in what feels like INSIDE of, and over my heart. I have NEVER felt this in my entire life. I have felt pain in the center of my chest, and honestly it would be usually due to some heartbreak or something, something emotional.
I have never felt pain in the actual organ. Right now as I type, it's like a light cramped feeling, in more intense moments, it is like a charlie horse that you'd get in a muscle. In a way it is fascinating, because yes we all know the heart is a muscle, but now it really feels like one! Of course it is rather frightening at the same time.
The heart just feels 'tight," and dull pain, and at moments, there is a sharp pain.
At this time I am not having any pain in the center of my chest.

Any insightful ideas/possibilities?