High Heart rate
I have stopped taking Atenolol 2 days back and statred on ARB. My heart rate is high around 90 per minute.
Is it because of Cozaar (ARB drug) or the lack of Atenolol.
Is it dangerous.
What is the remedy?
Atenolol is a beta blocker (reducing the effect of adrenaline and other stress hormones on your heart muscle) and Cozaar is an angiotensin receptor blocker (blocking substances that contract your blood vessels). Both drugs lower blood pressure, but through different mechanisms. Beta blockers reduce heart rate and contractibility, Cozaar reduces the resistance in your blood vessels.

I believe (though I'm not sure) that beta blockers are more effective reducing your heart rate. Did your doctor tell you to change medications? I know that sudden stop in beta blocker use can cause high heart rates.

Hard to say if this is dangerous, if your doctor told you to do it, it's probably not. If you did this without consulting a doctor, it's probably a bad idea.