High blood pressure and low pulse rate
Hi Everyone,
                  First of all, i'm having not well controled anxiety disorders now (social phobia, panic disorder with agoraphobia, general anxiety, depression).

After a painfull surgery, I start having a very weird arrhytmia problem as well as high blood pressure. It was 8 months ago.

Before that surgery, I always had a normal blood pressure with fast pulse rate because of the anxiety.

Since the last 8 months, I start experiencing strange heart pulse rate (mostly low pulse rate when I get anxious, insistead of the high pulse rate that I had before). What I don't find normal is that my blood pressure is now all the time high (140/90 and more) with a low pulse rate of 50-55. I have no energy, can't exercise, have pins and needles sensations in my left arm, left leg and chest pain as well as jaw pain and strange headache behind my eyes.

I meet a Cardiologist and he RX some tests to me. I first had severals EKG in the past year and all of them was normal. I also had the holter 24h test as well as a stress test with ultrasound of the heart to see if I had problems with my heart valves as well as normal increase of the pulse rate when I my heart need to work harder (treadmill stress test). The Cardiologist find nothing wrong with my heart and think that all my symptoms are linked to my anxiety level (low pulse rate, dizziness and high blood pressure, pins and needles and numbness sensations).

Is it normal to have high blood pressure with low pulse rate. Also, is it normal to feel like I have no energy all the time, even if I sleep 7 hours by night and do a nap at daytime?

I always feel my heart beat in my chest now, I never was like that before and never felt it.

I also have not stable pulse rate, I mean that sometimes my heart skip a beat or two... OR i'm having strong palpitations, my heart can go fast for 10 seconds and go slow or really slow and start again to go fast and slow without any good reason...

So is it just my anxiety or I should ask for other tests from my Cardiologist???

Thanks for your answer!
First off you need to make yourself relax a little Vince and accept the fact tht your tests all came back great!!!  So that is a major plus here....as far as what the doc said about the anxiety i have to agree with him/her.  You are definately exhibiting signs of anxiety that all of us on this site have felt at one time or another.  To me the big thing that you have to do that we all had to learn is to trust your doctor.  I know it feels like you ar waiting for a bomb to go off but from  what you've posted you will be waiting a verrryyyyy long time my friend.  I know its hard when anything happens with our hearts we have all been there and done that and i found what works best for me is diversion.  When i started feeling something i would find something to do to divert myself so i wouldn't think about my heart.  Its normal to feel your heart from time to time its just letting you know that its still there doing its job.  As far as your blood pressure goes it is borderline high but anthing can cause that....worry , stress, too much salt, caffeine...the list goes on and on and on.  Unless something different pops up with you i would start learning to adapt my lifestyle a little and move back into the living if possible.  I know its hard but you are young and have a lot of life ahead of you and need to get a grip on this sooner rather than later.  You have to remember YOU have anxiety it doesn't have you....big difference there my friend.  Good luck to you and we are all here for you....
Wow i have all of the very same symptoms u have and have had all the same tests.   good to know we are not crazy or imagining it.  I believe mine is stress related...job..spiritual life..no personal life....I intend to fight my way back to great health!!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!
I am in a similar boat.  I am 54.  All the same symptoms.  It's the pain in my left arm that is a fear and a nuisance.  No one can explain it.  I went to a neurologist - no diagnosis.  Everyone says I'm fine.  But, I'm not.  I've visited a therapist for 6 weeks to try to relieve the anxiety--but, it's not working.  I've tried various sleep and anti-anxiety drugs and I hate them, now I take nothing.  I never felt worse taking them.

I feel I am on my own and on a journey to an early death.
I too found out the same thing today, high bp pulse 47. I have arthritis in the right shoulder, carpal tunnel rt hand, knee spurs rt knee. Any connection?
I'm 73 but an in pretty good health with the exception of very poor balance. If I bend way down I might just go on a fall down. Heart hate 57, BP 157 over 82. Can anyone help?
my husband was at the doctor and he said my husband has high blood pressure and LOW pulse.it is in the 30's and 40's most of the time. the pulse and blood pressure changes on a daily bases.then he also has high cholesterol . he had two back surgeries one in front and one in the back. sense then he does a lot of gasping sounds. awake and some time asleep.
Does anyone else have these symptoms ?
He obviously has been to a doctor to know some of his vitals but has he seen a cardiologist?  If not he may want to get evaluated to make sure there isn't a heart issue.  The gasping is probably something that should be evaluated.  I assume he is taking bp meds?  If so did this slow rate occur after he started taking them?  It could be that the meds are too strong but again this needs to be evaluated by a doctor.  Maybe he needs to switch meds.  Take care and keep us posted on how he is doing.
Patsy

I agree with Michelle.  I think your husband should probably consult a cardiologist.  Heart rate and blood pressure change all day long.  A heart rate of 30 to 40 is low.  Some drugs, beta blockers,  deliberately lower heart rate some.  

good luck
****  
I am 53 and have all the same symptoms you all do.....have you considered you may have fibromyalgia?  It has all the symptoms we are experiencing.  I just got home from my doctor today...he did a EKG and all was fine, but my bp was 145/80 and pulse 52.  
I am suffering from the same right now. I had a c section 3 weeks ago. And 4 days post op my heart rate lowered to the 40's -50's.  And bp about 150/90 to 155/95. I suffer from depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. I was admitted into the hospital for 4 days for all the tests. EKG,  echocardiogram,  and monitoring. They put me on a low dose of bp med of Norvac but it doesnt seem to be working. Since ive been home my hr doesnt go lower than 56bpm but my bp is still high. I have a tension headache that is draining. I just want to enjoy my new baby and I feel like I will never get better. I feel like there is a connection with anxiety in this. I do take effexor and xanax daily. I also go to therapy once a week. At my wits end. :(
The original post was back in 2010 and was hoping there has been some updated news, like good news. I have a lot of the same symptoms. High BP, low pulse, but thats just the beginning. I have had syncopy, complete exhaustion daily, brain fog, whole body weakness, sensitivity to heat, allergies to random things that seem to come and go, digestion problems, increased heartburn, orthostatic hypotension, and many more so they classified it as dysautonomia. When my symptoms act up I get anxiety, I have never had anxiety before and I only get it when my symptoms arise. I use to donate blood and now I can't even have a blood draw for tests without fainting. Before all the symptoms I use to work out and exercise 6 hours a day, use to be really fit. Now i have lost a lot of muscle and put on weight. When my symptoms first came around i would start to faint about evert 10 to 20 minutes and catch myself right before I hit the floor, whether I was at work or walking through Walmart. I have seen a regular MD, cardiologist, neurologist, emg, hematologist, etc. I had doctors stumped and was sent to San Francisco to see the best doctors on the west coast, that returned no results. I had to force my doctor to do more tests and we found out I do have low testosterone for unkown reasons. i had to fight him to receive testosterone supplementation. We didnt check for low T since the symptoms didnt correlate with low T. It has helped to some extent but I am definitely still living a low quality of life compared to before. It has now been 1.5 years since day 1 and it *****. Anyone else have anything new? This *****!
I just started experience these symptoms.  Have an appointment in a week with the VA.  Not sure how that's going to turn out.  More of an erratic BP.. One moment 171/110 and then later  118/78.   None of it makes sense.  Could be a kidney issue or could be back to a Thyroid issue.  I'll post back after next week.
I'm  71 years old.  I've had a bladder infection  for serveral months my doctor treated with levofloxacin, had a allergy reaction to the RX, still infection still there.  Second treatment was nitrofurantoin mono/mac.  Four day into taking anabolic I had another allergic reaction broke out with rash on face, neck & arms.  Docotor sent me to urologist test came back that I  still had the infection.  Urologist put me on a single dose of Monurol (fosmycin tromethamine).  Was very sick for several days vomiting and diarrhea. It been about 10 days since I  took the last monural.  I'm  still having problems with vomiting and diarrhea.  Yesterday I  was told the bacteria  is still in the bladder.
I've recently had an appointment with my cardiologist and she increased my blood pressure medication and taking two times per day. When I  wake in the morning my blood pressure  has been in a high range example 170/84, 176/93, the last couple of days my pulse rate has been 100, 105.  Is there a problem with high pulse rate?
I take Rx blood pressure medicine, but the last two days I  vomited shortly  after taking the meds, on first day so i retook them, do you see a problem with this?  Blood pressure was 151/90 with pulse of 105, vomited an hour or after taking the meds, 7 hours retest blood pressure  and it was still high 158/82 with pulse rate 98.  Retook meds at this time. The urologist is referring me to a specialist  for the bladder bacteria  because I  have exosted  all medications that treat the uterine track because of allergic reations to the drugs.  Do you think this bacteria is causing trouble with bloood pressure?
This is exactly what I have been experiencing for almost five years now. I'm not going nuts and I'm not a hypochondriac! Someone else has the mystery illness. I'm so glad I found this post!