Hissing in my head
I keep taking this sudden hissing in my head,it sounds like there is air being released somewhere in my skull, Last year I suffered a TIA and was hospitalised for a short time but was released with no further action until January of this year I noticed I was no longer able to remember short term memory things,and also had to go see a neurologist about my left hand side of my body being slower,Please help
It may be a form of tinnitus. Tinnitus can be ringing, thumping, buzzing or hissing. I get high pitched hums and thumps. Sometimes it's related to some damage done to the ear. Perhaps in your case it may have to do with the auditory nerve after the TIA.
This hissing starts very quickly and lasts only 20-30 seconds then goes away,I may not get another repeat of it for weeks.
That's how mine happens - just a slight feeling of pressure in my head and then a high pitched hmmmmmmmm. Then it fades away pretty quickly. The thumping tends to happen at night when I'm in bed, almost like water dripping in there. Maybe that's just fluid in my ear.

You could look up tinnitus, see if that's what you're experiencing. The next time you go in to see a doctor, be sure to mention your problem. It would be great if they could fix it.
i think ringing in the ears is pretty common. it happens to me maybe once a month, and lasts less than a minute. i live in ny, where everything is loud, and i where my headphones loud because of it, which i think causes the ringing. i read somewhere that the pitch that you hear is that pitch "dying."

if you're super concerned, go to your primary care dr for a hearing check up.

as for your memory issues, i think a lot of things can cause that. are you one any medications? if so, look at the side effects.
Thank you for all your comments and help,the doc has got an emergency MRI scan issued for me in April, as on thurs evening I couldn't remember basic things like my husband's name or even remeber how to make tea,so she's concerned,so hopefully I'll get answers soon.
Hearing was fine by the way and ear canal's completely clear,she didn't think it was tinnitus.
I have heard of this before and had some one in the family complain of this and they came to find out it was a calium deposit but when they layed down on left side for 5 seconds then the right side for 5 seconds it went away.
I am a healthy 19 year old male and I am exeriencing the same thing...this random hissing in my head occasionally that sounds like air or fluid being released. I often have a difficult time remembering things, which I feel can be attributed to lack of sleep but I don't know...not so extreme as forgetting my girlfriend's name, but I'll think of something I have to do, and in the process of getting a pencil to write it down, I forget what it was...not that extreme, but it does make me wonder