Hole in heart
I'm not sure this is the right place to post this question, but I have suffered with PVC's for several years.   I am a 41 year old female.   Now that I am peri-menopausal they have become more frequent.  I had a pretty severe episode a couple of weeks ago and went to the ER.  I was having about 30-40 pvcs per minute with several runs of bigeminy and three run v-tach.  They ER doc said the three run v-tach is not concerning unless it gets over 6. But, I've never had v-tach before that I know of.  They gave me an iv just in case I was dehydrated, a dose of metropolol tartrate, said I was fine and sent me home.  I followed up with my cardiologist and just had another echocardiogram.  My last one was in October of 2010.  I was having bigeminy when I had the echo and was glad that they could see what was happening.  This morning the doctors office called and said that structurally my heart and valves look fine and the pvc's were not concerning.  My ejection fraction was 65%, however they saw a very small hole between the upper two chambers of my heart.  They say that I most likely was born with it and they would just note it in my file.  They also said that this is not the cause of my pvcs.  Everything I read online seems to point to Atrial Septal Defect and most people have surgery to repair the hole.  My doctor does not seem concerned at all.  I will be having another holter monitor and stress test next month and I have already made an appointment with another cardiologist for a second opinion, but he can't see me until August.  

Should I be concerned?  Is it normal for adults to be diagnosed with a hole in their heart?
I actually think it is fairly common.  I had an svt that needed to be repaired and was forewarned that if they needed to go to the left side of the heart they may have to puncture a hole to get there if mine had closed up, not everyone's did so I don't think they find that thing concerning.  Mine is closed and I still had svt and pvcs so I don't see it being related.  I would say try and address possible triggers for your pvcs.  Stomach issues like acid reflux, extreme over exerting yourself, diets high in sugar and carbohydrates as well as stress and anxiety are big triggers for them.  I have very isolated pacs and pvcs but when I get super stressed I will get little runs of pvcs.  If your heart is structurally healthy then they pay them no mind but that does you no good to feel better.  So I would say just try and give your heart as much rest as you can to see if they will ease up for you and making any of the lifestyle changes I mentioned if you deem them necessary for you.  They can be super annoying and uncomfortable but try to keep in mind they are not a health threat.  The less you stress about them the less they will bother you.  Take care and keep us posted on how you are.