Holter Monitor Accuracy
I'm a little puzzled, I have been having ongoing skipped beats for 3 weeks. I wore a monitor for 24 hours, felt the skips in both my chest and my wrist pulse, pressed the event monitor etc. Problem is my result came back as all clear, has anyone got any thoughts on this?

Ian
You're "all clear" may have been because what you felt were benign extra beats.  We can feel them, the doctors can hear them, the monitors pick them up, but if you have a structurally normal heart, they're considered benign.  Did you get a copy of your report?  Does it mention PVC's or PAC's?  If you simply got the word that the test was "all clear" it's probably because you were having benign skips and that's why the doctor is not concerned.

Connie
Mine one came back even worse.  Two words "Paced rhythms".  I asked for a copy of full report because I need to take it to oversea.  Then it showed a heaps, 3.2 minutes pause, runs, events etc....
Woah surely you don't mean a 3.2 minute pause...is that the total of pauses?
Hey Pika nice to "see" you - especially aftter V's most unfavourable attitude towards you and I!  I'm just happy to be back here with people who have supported me so incredibly over the past few weeks - my daily update will follow.

Pika, if you have "pauses" lasting at around 1.5 seconds or some such number it means you are in 3rd degree heart block.  If the pause is for 1 second or so, you are in 2nd degree heart block and if the pauses are shorter you are in 1st degree heart block.  You should be getting paced out of the block though so maybe you need to go again for another pacemaker interrogation and take the holter results with you so the tech can see what is going on - they'll tell you if you are being paced out of the pauses and the words "paced rhythms" make me think that you are being paced out of them.  I also think you probably had a total period of 3.2 minutes of pauses over the 24 hour period, which certainly indicates some block.  

My pauses last between 0.9 and 1.3 seconds and that puts me into the 2nd degree heart block category, but my pacemaker does wake up after a bit and paces me out of it - does not make it any more pleasant though - it's a horrible feeling.

Ian, I was on an event monitor and every time I felt pauses I did a recording and it never once got picked up that I was in heart block.  I have since heard that its much more reliable to go onto a holter because often by the time you get the recorder going you have missed the episode.  If they see the pauses after the holter, then request that they repeat it a few weeks later so if anything changes.  My results were radically different over two 24 hour holters done 5 weeks apart, which was very revealing and helped the doc out a lot with his plan on how to treat me.

Please note that all I've written above is just my very basic understanding - really really basic - so if there is confusion then rather get it explained by someone who knows what they are talking about since I can only go on what I have experienced in the past.
I'm sorry.  It wasn't 3.2 minutes.  It was 3.2 seconds.  It was a great different and a big mistake.  They only counted the episole of pauses more than 2.5 seconds.  Which I had one was 3.2 seconds.  This was the last holter report.  The current one which was done on Thursday, I haven't got the result yet.

I know that, actually one of the cardio complainted the "3.2 seconds Pause" with a pacemaker is not acceptable.  You know...  My old cardio throw away the holter report and said, "didn't make sense!"  After that he replied to the young cardio like that:

In view of the fact that pacemaker is working satisfactorily on examination today, I am not concerned about this pause.  I have noted this Holter Monitor in many patients who have pacemakers which are working quite satisfactorily and have no valid explanation for it but it is obviously of no clinical significance.

I might blame that the pauses do harm to my organs now.  I think my organs didn't get enough supplies so they are going to die one by one.... so sad.  And my old cardio still thinking his pacemaker is "WORKING SATISFACTORILY"!  My organs said, not satisfactorily tho!