Heart Rhythm Community
Hormones, Adrenaline, PVCs and PACs

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Hormones, Adrenaline, PVCs and PACs

Here is some info about what I think may be going on with me...wondering if others can relate...

I think I have made some possible discoveries about what is going in in regards to my heart. Last week was kind of a bad week but still better than in the past and I strongly believe that is due to the minerals and extra magnesium. I think the problems I was/am continuing to have is PACs and not PVCs (both were found on my testing). They DID feel different and seemed to only come on with exertion. I have read that PACs are more correlated with adrenaline. The PVCs however are more likely to come on during rest. I think the magnesium helped the PVCs but not the PACs. AND on the day my period arrived, the PACs (any blips at all really) disappeared. I haven’t had a single palpitation in over 3 days now. This seems to be the M.O. I suspect they will return once shortly after ovulation.

So it SEEMS that magnesium is helping the PVCs but not doing anything for these adrenaline surges which provoke the PACs, especially during exercise. These adrenaline surges happen the 10 days prior to my period and decrease (or stop) when period arrives.

So I know – without a doubt – that hormones are playing a huge role here. Also, these adrenaline surges during that time of month is also a factor – not sure how they might be related. Thoughts?
Beta Blockers like Metoprolol are supposed to inhibit some of the adrenaline affect.  It does other things as well.  I have not been able to tell the difference between PACS and PVCS.  

****
I do take 12.5mg twice a day of metroprolol. Have for about 7 years now. It has worked well for the tachycardia, but not so much for the PVCs/PACs...at least not anymore. And as for the adrenaline...it does work...but for some reason, during that specific time of the month, it just doesn't keep it in check. My cardio did say I can try taking more all the time or just during that time if I wanted to. But it makes me SOOOO tired. But I do take an extra 12.5 on bad days.