Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Hot body temperature

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Hot body temperature
I am not so sure that my subject matter is correct .I am 59 years of age/female and for quite a number of years (since my 30,s) I have experienced sudden rise in body temperature.Sometimes after eating what I call a proper meal I am so hot all over and breathing rapidly.AS this was before the menopause I feel its not a flush.Very often I wake at 4.00am in the morning and have to get up and try to cool down.Is this do you think be my heart?
I am not sure how to answer that one.  Not in my specialty.
Sorry and good luck.
Hi Nicky,
I've recently been experiencing an arrhythmia (PVC's) for about a year, and since that time I've also been having hot flashes. For me they only last about 10 minutes and I just real VERY hot all over, but I don't sweat during them at all, which seems odd. I am 29 so i'm pretty sure its not hormone-related. I've seen a cardiologist several times to get checked up and he seems confused by the hot flash thing. He didn't seem to think it was related, but to me it seems that they are. I'm not really sure though.
Good luck!
Jennifer
A related discussion, Heat (hot flashes) was started.