How does coffee influence my heartbeat?
I'm 27 and healthy, but lately noticed that my heartbeat is somewhat fastened. Can it be connected to the fact that I drink a lot of coffee? Can coffee drinking have some relevant influence on my health?
What is "a lot"?

In general I don't think coffee is dangerous to the health (unless you drink it all day), I think a cup of coffee in the morning can produce more well-being than danger. That said, everyone respond different to caffeine and people with arrhythmias can get their problems really worsened by a high caffeine intake. Where 10 cups is OK to some people, other people get palpitations or high blood pressure just by drinking 2-3 cups a day.

I'm sure you will get lots of "never drink coffee" replies here from people suffering from arrhythmias, which may be correct in their cases, but I think people should use common sense (not that my opinion matters) regarding coffee. Lots of substances, like sugar, chocolate, coffee, tea, OTC drugs, etc may affect the heart rate and heart rhythm, without necessarily being dangerous. I guess the worst thing to do is to become obsessed on the heart rhythm, that's far worse.

If you avoid illegal stimulants and nicotine, try to live a balanced and happy life with regular exercise and use common sense regarding chocolate, sugar and coffee, I guess you're doing fine.

Yes coffee can increase heart rate or cause palpitation, due to the stimulant.coffee is ok in moderation. Actually it can dehydrate you a bit, and eventually tire you out. Maybe cut back a bit and drink plenty of fluids.
Hope that helps. Always ask your Doctor if you think something other is going on.
shay
A lot is in my case 4-5 cups a day. But I'm a little calmer after your reply, so thank you.
I was wondering the same about coffee and I only have one cup a day. You can try cutting down the number of cups you have and see if the pvcs decrease. Update on how you are doing after a week if you do try to decrease. Thanks
Sorry, I mean your heart rate returns to normal, not pvcs. Sounds like you don't have a problem with those.