I just wanted to add to everyone's comments about "fast heartbeats" that after having mercury amalgam fillings put in I had recurrent tachycardia episodes that would last for up to 6-8 hours. The highest BPM was 260. After months of this I removed the filling and voila the tachy stopped immediately. Mercury ccan and will cause rapid heartbeat. Unfortunately after the removal of the fillings I developed costochondritis of the the rib cartilage, no doubt due to all the trauma on my chest wall and rib cage from the tachycardia. The costo is finally clearing up after nearly 2 years :).
I can relate to your SVT as I too had it for nearly my entire life, and at speeds similar to yours. However, I feel that this thread needs a post to counter your claims that amalgam dental fillings were the cause of your SVT.
First, you make reference to "everyone's comments". Can you plaase provide a link to the original thread so that I may read it?
Secondly, there is no definitive proof (except your claim) that amalgam can be the cause of SVT. If it was, this would be a landmark finding in the treatment of this condition. There is a possibility that certain individuals could exhibit a hypersensitivity to the minute amount of mercury present in the body from the wearing of the fillings over time. You exposure to mercury is probably great from eating a can of tuna than from the amalgam alloy.
SVT is casued by a "mis-wiring" within your heart; an accessory pathway which can be activated by a number of ways. It is my belief that amalgam fillings ARE NOT one of them.
Thirdly, unless a physician diagnosed you with costochondritis, I'd be certain that your pain is due to this condition, and not from some other heart problem. Why do you think this is trauma is releated to the SVT. While it may feel like it's beating out of your chest, it's not changing it's size or shape during the event, and is not putting any sort of pressure on your chest wall. Perhaps trauma could be induced in trying physical maneuvers to slow it.
Wile I respect everyone's right to an opinion, I'd have to say that your claims are unusual. I urge you to talk with a physician if you haven't done so already as you may have other issues that you're attributing to SVT.
I have had SVT's for over 15 years and have no amalgam fillings. Mine started when I took a long course of Sudafed for chronic sinusitis......I have had chosto for longer than that and it's referred from the spine and travels around your ribs to the cartlidge; nothing to do with your heart, its when we have an spidode of SVT's and wriggle around etc that aggravates it as Tom says..
Mercury is the second most toxic substance to humans behind plutonium. Just because a Doctor says it's safe doesn't mean it really is. If you look up the side effects of Mercury poisoning you will find rapid heartbeat as one of them. Since my symptoms of rapid heartbeat started the day the filling was put in and stopped the day it was removed I can be certain it was the cause. Likewise because of the severity of the symptoms, 260 bpm, it would be awfully hard to "imagine" or induce it through hypochondria. Another fact I will add, is there was pieces of the mercury actually coming off in my mouth. My experience was most unpleasant and horrifying. Whether I had a "sensitivity" to POISON ie; Mercury or my blood levels were high enough to be considered poisoned is a moot point. The fact of the matter is if a small amount of poison in one person has the same effect as a larger amount in another you can't say that the person who is more sensitive is less affected. As far as a the "mis-wiring" thing goes that is a doctor's explanation. If I would of taken my doctor's advice I would of left the filling in and had cauterization on my heart. It's a good thing I didn't listen to him and I simply removed the filling. Additionally, just because the medical industrial complex doesn't do "research" on the negative impact of mercury used in the medical community doesn't mean that it is a safe or wise choice of material. As to being diagnosed with costochondritis I was by 3 different doctors with one diagnosis being Tietze Syndrome. Of course the Costo directly followed the PSVT hence I beleive It was a major factor in putting stress on the costal cartilage. Given my BPM's were as high as 260 on a daily basis for hours on end I believe it is possible to do damage to the chest in this manner. And, yes it felt like my heart was going to break through my chest. My normal BPM is about 55. What do you think would happen if you over-trained a body part everyday for 3 months, yep, "injury".
Here's my prediction: Your tachycardia will most likely return. If you've had it once, you'll most likely have it again.
In all likelyhood, your heart has an accessory circuit, as did mine as well as countless other here on the forum. This has nothing to do with hypochondria, and my prior post said nothing to infer that. What you do have, is a physical abnormality that you, I, and others on here have. When it does return, I'd be happy to advise you on the "cauterization" process known as cardiac ablation.
FInally your statement, "Mercury is the second most toxic substance to humans behind plutonium". This was extracted directly off a website. Do you believe everything you read on a website? I've rolled mercury in my hand, and played with it in a sealed game. I'm familiar with substances that would make mercury look like Silly Putty. Here's a fact, you are exposed to and ingest more mercury in your daily life than from the amalgam fillings in your teeth.
You must be from my generation where we were allowed to play with mercury. I kept a little tube of it and loved to splash it on the table and gather up all the bits again. And I loved to dip dimes in it because they turned so shiny, like new. Yet, I'm 59 and survived it all. Who knows, maybe without the exposure I could have been a brilliant mathematician or scientist. This just reminds me of some country song I heard one time about all the things we did as kids and still lived to tell about it.
We should not expose ourselves to mercury if we can help it, like eating too much albacore tuna and such. But our environment is pretty toxic overall and we can't escape that.
And I do think a person can be hypersensitive to things and react more than the average person. Look at peanuts - how some children can go into anaphylactic shock by being near peanut butter. Sad.
The *theoretical* Thimerosal-Autism connection is weak and becomes more brittle every time it's studied.
Here's where I'm at with this post: some unknown number of people are going to Google SVT and find this thread. So, I want a pretty clear message out there that DIAGNOSED SVT patients don't necessarily agree with you - right off the bat.
SECOND - learn how to convert yourself. 8 hours is a stupid amount of time sit on an SVT attack.
You are the first person to EVER post on here that they had SVT and changed some aspect of their life and found that 1 to 1 relationship of habit/environmental/mental (there's crazy people here)/dental to SVT... and were fixed like a biblical miracle.
So, I'll put the challenge out there: anybody ELSE get their fillings removed and SVT went away. That is in addition to an old challenge of, "Has anybody here from the USA been Ablated on MediCaid?"
Доверяй, но проверяй
("doveryai, no proveryai")
Trust, but verify.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.