Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Hypotension with tachycardia?

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Hypotension with tachycardia?

I am 27 years old. I work out twice a week. My blood presure is very low always not just at certin times. 90/70 sometimes even lower. My heart rate is always very very fast. My resting beats per minute is usually around 120 or so. On the ocasion I will feel a strange sensation in my chest lasting for only a few secounds but while it happens i can't take a breath in and then the heart beat that comes after this is really hard and hurts my chest. my other symptoms include being very sleep all the time. hard to concentrate, like when you can't think of that really easy word on the tip of your mind. I also bruse very easily if that is any conection and i crave ice.
I went to my family practition and he had done a blood test and a EKG thing, they stuck a bunch of stickers to my chest? I had to do that thing two times. my doctor called me back and said i was a little hypoclycimic? so i went to a dietion and have been on the new diet for about six months, but i still have the same symptoms. Should i go back to my doc and get a specialist referal? I have tried to look up rapid heart rate with low blood presure on the net and can not find anything.
Hi Rachet,
It is probably worth going back to your doctor.  It is very possible when they see your fast heart rate they will tell you that you have anxiety. Some the symptoms your describe are consistent with inappropriate sinus tachycardia -- this means that your heart rate is fast at times when there doesn't seem to be a physiologic reason.  One way to think of it is that when most people set there thermostat to 70 degrees, they get 70 degrees.  People IST have baseline hearts that run much faster, often in the low hundreds, sometimes much higher.  Cardiac electrophysiologists are probably the most informed about this condition.  We try to manage the heart rate with medications like beta blockers and calcium channel blockers.  The know heart rate symptoms do not always get better with heart rate medications.  It is probably best to talk to your doctor about and consider seeing a specialist if your heart rates are still high.

i hope this helps.  Good luck and thanks for posting.
elijahsmom33 aol.com is my contact info
Hi, well i started getting a fast heart rate about 7 months ago and does it while im sitting down watching tv it just goes up to 120 for no reson then other time i experinced it was when i was at work i have a desk job so i do have to sit alot but when i got up to get a fax it jumped up to 150bpm i had a stress test and a echo doc said i had some sinus tach but i dont like to take no meds he did pescribe metropolo also known as toprol xl 25 mg a day i havent started it yet im scared to. is this dangerous to keep experiencing the high heart rate? whats the worse that can happen? please help me im so tired of living this way my email address is ***@**** thank you.I ALSO HAVE PALPS ONCE IN AWHILE MY DOC SAID IT WAS JUST EXTRA BEETS IS THAT NORMAL? thanks so much for any help.
im 36 years old and i just started to work out on a tread mill 30 mins a day will this help the high heart rate?