Heart Rhythm Community
I found my PVC cause and cured it.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

I found my PVC cause and cured it.

Hey all, for the better part of the past 10 years I suffered terrible, terrible flare ups of PVCs. I could never find a trigger and couldn't handle it anymore. For me, it was hard, because I would go 10 months without any then all of a sudden, I'd be having 20 a minute for days to weeks. Most days, 12,000 a day when I had this so called flare ups.

I'm not saying my cause is the same as yours, I am saying when you go 10 months without them, and they randomly hit you from nowhere multiple times a year, there is most likely a trigger.

I do have mitral valve prolapse with mild regurg, I do have hashimotos hypothyroidism. But was told a is asymptomatic, and b. is treated so those should not be a cause. I was told my 12,000 skipped beats were benign and I had a structurally normal heart. I was told there was no malignant cause and that I would just have to learn to cope with them. I saw a cardio, a electro, did ultrasound, stress test, mri, multiple ER visits.

My fiance started paying attention to my flare ups, and she is actually the reason I am now, for the most part, PVC free. I have one or two very rarely, which I consider common. but nothing to what they use to be.

Now, my cause - ASPARTAME. I can relate it to every flare up to when I was a kid. Anytime I have aspartame, they hit me like a storm. I avoid sucralose as well as I believe it has a negative effect on my body. But aspartame is my trigger. Aspartame is in most things sugar free. I can relate it to soda, yogurt, dental visits, gum. I remember anytime I ate gum, I would get skipped beats.

To anyone experiencing these flare ups, pay attention to the food you eat. I suffered for many many years. The depression and fear was unbearable, and I am really happy to say that I have not had these flare ups since I have cut out all fake sweeteners.

http://www.relfe.com/aspartame_92.html

A cause for concern is the dairy industry though. They are right now fighting to have aspartame added to all dairy products, UNLABELED.

There is a petition to sign against it. I recommend all to look into it.
I'm 44 and also suffer from PVCs. My PVCs seem to come from many things, but mostly from post exercise adrenaline. I've tried to nail it down to one specific thing but have had no luck. I don't use a lot of sugar free products, so I cannot say if aspartame is causing my PVCs.

Please send a follow up message in the near future and let us know if your PVCs are still gone. Mine come and go so it will be interesting to see if you have found the cause.  
I have been pvc free for nearly two years now, since cutting aspartame from my diet. I guarantee if I was to have aspartame, I would have them again. I guess someone could legally get away with poisoning me, eh?
I'm an aspartame lab rat.  In a typical week I consume approximately 40 little blue packets.  Then there's perhaps several quarts of diet soda that I drink weekly which also contain aspartame. It's the only artificial sweetener that I can pour directly into my mouth.  It just tastes sweet. I have to tell you that I experience none of the ill effects that you alomg with others report.  If removing aspartame from your diet worked for you, I think that's wonderful.  PVC are a pain to deal with. But is it poison?  Not according to my body.  But we're all different.   Some people feel deathly ill when taking statins.  Yet I've been on one for years with no effects except a 130 cholesterol reading? So personally, I wouldn't condemn aspartame.
In the us, putting aspartame in products requires a label (for some phenylalanine is a problem)
Regarding ectopic beats in structurally normal hearts, it comes down to individual reactions, to say nothing of individual hopes, which are a big deal.

In numerous studies of the 'placebo effect,' you can see that this phenomenon exists.  It really works.  The trick is this:  The outer boundary of the placebo effect appears to be something in the vicinity of three months.  If your favorite nostrum, herbal remedy, food avoidance, or meditation regime stops working after three months, then your brain was probably providing you with blessed relief through the Placebo Effect.

Three months.

brettfable appears to be enjoying a genuine response to a specific irritant or whatever.  If it works for him/her, that's an individual triumph and worth a shot.
Wish I could find mine, mine are like that when they come they last from 2-10 hours every other heart beat than go away.

Pray they never last for days I would be nutts
I used to drink tons of aspartame and thought that might be the culprit for me.  I cut it out entirely and almost 2 years later to no avail.  The only way I can eliminate mine is by eating a low fat low cal diet.  If I do that, I don't have even a single premature beat.
I really think triggers are different for each of us. It takes time to learn your own triggers and then I think they may lessen symptoms but I don't know about curing them. I never have aspartame and still get ectopic.
I went low carb two years ago, and my occasional PVC's vanished as well.  Humans were not designed to run on carbs, yet they make up the majority of our daily food intake.  Carbohydrates were seasonal treats in ancient times; raw honey, fruits and berries.  The human body was, and still is designed to run on fats, and protein, and minimal carbohydrates.  I'm talking about eggs, nuts, seeds, cheese,fish,, and meat.  I comsume approximately 30 pounds of nuts annually now.  When you hear the reports of rampant Type II Diabetes in today's youth, you need only to look at the use of high fructose corn syrup along with the mass consumption of starches. Dump the carbs, and perhaps the PVC's will go away.  I know your overworked pancreas will  breathe a sigh of relief.   Can you tell that I'm passionate of this subject?  :-)
it is hard to believe sometimes, but even when you're told your pvcs are benign, there is still something happening in your body thats triggering them. i really went through hell with these things. 12k a day for two weeks straight then poof. It would happen 2 - 3 times a year. I was even tested for ARVD.

In the end, it wasn't what my body was doing to me. It was what I was doing to my body.
iam 42 now  and i had pvcs and palps for a long time    i have good days and bad  lately it seems bad again     does anyone have those pvcs when you lay on your left side?  its about to drive me crazy,and its ruining my life.
I have had two lots of EP studies and ablations in the past 4 weeks the last lot being only 5 days ago.  So far my palpitations are only minimal which I was told would be normal for the next couple of weeks as my body is highly intoned with the palpitations.  I am hoping they will eventually disappear but they are a lot better than they were.  I too experienced pvcs after exercising which would let for anything up to 5 hours.  IT was exhausting to say the least especially at night.  Medications were not an option as my BP and pulse rate were low and the side effects of the meds would have only made this worse. THe procedure isn’t pleasant but if it has worked I will be more than happy to recommend it to any fellow PVC suffer.  
I agree  they can drive u crazy 15k per 3 month for 5 years for me  yes they say they are benign they may be benign but boy are they imposable to cope with---I feel every one that skips.....I'll try anything...I have a pacemaker & defib. and yes thank the good Lord they worked....my life was saved on 6/29/2013 Docs said noway I could have been saved in time unless it happened in a hostpital, but me defib kicked like a rocket six time knocking me on my *** but saved my live....Now i'm on 10 pills a day and that suks but without them who knows. It is waht it is but these pvc's r driving me crazy... and belive it or not I them when I talk to much or just typing on my H/C and most of all when i'm cooking. Must be a way to help this condition? PVC suffrer . Mike Smash.
I wish aspartame was the cause of my PVCs/PACs/possible NSVT. I don't touch aspartame containing food and I still get them :(. I also have Hashimoto's and my palpitations seem to flare up when my thyroid goes borderline/subclinical hypo. There also seems to be some connection between my palpitations, gas (SIBO) and food.