I have a pacemaher and svt is ablation an option for me
I HAVE A PACEMAKER(DUAL chamber) and svt is ablation an option for me?
The pacemaker itself should not be a deterent from having an ablation.  I've had a pacemaker for 6 years (because of an ablation actually), and then had another ablation about a year ago.  Unfortunately, the ablations don't work for me, but I have IST, not SVT so hopefully they're more effective for that.
Originally, I have wpw (SVT & RBBB).  A one lead pacemaker (PASAR) implanted in 1982.  Which was unable to control the tachy.  His bundle ablation was given after 3 years from that.  Now I got the number 4 permanent pacmaker (2 leads).  I'm not pacemaker dependent.  I still have A-tach and A-Fib and I'm still have wpw.
My doctor is saying that I need a pacemaker and he said that once we do that he can go in and ablate the fast rate issues so I would assume that it is not a problem. I am just scared to do the pacemaker and putting it off. If it would solve all my problems then maybe I would want to do it more, but knowing that this is just one of the things I have to do makes me overwhelmed by the whole thing. Have you had any problems with your pacemaker?
Make sure you're very understanding every words that you doc speaks to you.  The ablate can be spots, pathways and it also can be the nodes.  If he chooses the node, you might be become a pacemaker dependent.  If you're young age, pacemaker is not a good idea treatment.  At the moment, they claimed long term LV pacing can cause heart failure in the future.  Who knows what other area pacing will cause what?  I know my heart will get lazy because it thinks it can slack and let the pacemaker do the job.

Yes, I got problem with my pacemaker.  Not surgery or infection part.  It is the programming part.  Lead also failed once.

Take care.