IS 50 A BAD HEART RATE FOR A 56 YEAR OLD WOMAN?
my mom went to her doctor and she sent her to a cardiologist because her heart rate is 50 the doctor told her that he didnt think it was serious but he had her take some tests to make sure is 50 a dangerous heart rate? please help i just wanna make sure shes ok im scared!
I really wouldn't worry about this too much Nikki....your mom doesn't really even fall under the diagnosis of bradycardia or an extremely slow heart beat.  Heart docs know best and if they say she is safe you can pretty much take it to the bank.  Its is much better to have a slower heart rate than one that pops up there in the 200's and possibly doing some damage to her heart.  A normal pulse rate is anywhere from 70 to 120 so altho she is a little slower than that pro athletes and people in pretty good shape are in their 40's alot of the time and look at Lance Armstrong his resting rate is in the upper 30's.  I definately wouldn't be concerned about this and no i don';t think that its dangerous.....relax