Heart Rhythm Community
IST complication..minimal diease..thinking valve???

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

I was wondering what the complications of IST are..i have been told a bunch of different things so im not sure what to believe.

I also had an echo and it said that i had nonspecific valve thicking is this bad???
It also said that i had minimal dease with the left artiery is that bad???/

Just confused would like help!
Tags: IST, complications, minimal, Diease, thinking, valve, help
There is no way I can an opinion on such general questions.  

But, in general, echocardiograms will in many of us show "less than perfect" conditions in one or more measured heart functions.  I think most of the time we just live with these "minor" defects, that is we do not undergo open heart surgery - which I have for a serious mitral valve problem.

Only your doctor who can review the details of your report can give you advice on "how bad" any of the measurements are.  If you don't like what you hear you can seek a second opinion, using your existing test results, the results are yours to share as you wish with other doctors... including resources like the Cleveland Clinic which (to my knowledge) provides for-a-fee services over the Internet (and US Mail).