If I forget to take my Flecainide pill
I have a problem remembering to take my pills!

This has happened a few times in the past month or so.

I normally take flecainide 50mg in the morning at breakfast ( 8 am ) and again later in the evening.

This morning I forgot to take my pill ( along with my other pills! )  I took it at a quarter of two, when I realized I forgot.  What worries me now, is how long should I wait till I take my second dose.  I usually take it around eight in the evening.  What would be the normal cutoff period for taking an anti-arrythmic medication like flecainide?
My approach would be to "split the difference", take the 8 PM pill early and get back on normal tomorrow.  
If you have already taken the 8AM dose at 2 PM you can take the second 8 hours later, say 10PM for today then get back on your regular schedule tomorrow. Also get yourself a med box sold at all drugstores. Mine is large because I have 11 prescriptions. The box should have a row across the top with each day and 4 rows down (morning, afternoon, evening, and bedtime). Once a week you fill the box. If you seed the pills are not in the slot, you have already taken them. If they are still there you didn't. Works for me.
Thanks for the info.  This is what I pretty much figured I should do.

As far as the pill box, I already have  one.  What made me realize I had forgotten to take my pills, was my glass of water was still sitting on the counter next to my pillbox.

As usual I had gotten distracted, and totally forgot about the pills!

What worried me was how close I could take doses, and in the future whether I should just skip a dose, or take it late.
I sometimes make a mess in my pill box too  ;-)
I take Norpace (anti-arrythmic) usually at 10:30 a.m. and p.m.  Once I didn't realize it until almost 2 p.m.  The dosing info said if you forget it, if it's almost time to take it again, skip it, not to take 2 doses at once.  I took it and then waited a little later that evening, then back to the regular dose the next day. I was only about 3 hours into the 12 hour cycle -- didn't seem to hurt.
Thanks for the advice.  I need to start paying more attention to my schedule and just take them when I'm supposed to!
Kenny, welcome back.  Just wanted to add....all Dr's use different approaches.  I had taken flecainide in the past, then had an ablation last Sept.  Started having atrial-tachycardia episodes, maybe once a month 3 mo. ago of about 24 hrs in duration. Haven't been on heart meds for a few months.  My Dr told me to take a ToprolXL, wait 20 min and take 3 100mg flecainide as a "pills in a pocket" method of converting.  I was scared to try it but the last 2 times it worked like a charm...didn't have to go to the hospital and I was thankful for that.  Just saying....these Dr's are all prescribing these anti-arrhythmics differently.  I guess....whatever works!  :)
I have the same problem of not remembering my meds for my Afib.  The medicine box didn't help, so I set alarms on my cell phone and made the alarm sound obnoxious to get my attention.  Then I really try to stay focused on getting the water and taking the meds.  No matter what I'm doing, it's best to stop doing it and take the meds immediately.  I can't let mine go long - in an hour my head doesn't feel right, kind of dizzy.  So try this and don't forget to stay focused.
That is how I realized I forgot to take them!  I saw that the pills were still in the box.  I get busy doing things, then I simply forget to take them.  Doesn't matter if they are standing there with a note saying "take me".  I use a weekly daily pillbox.  It's there at all times on the counter.  It's ME!  I simply walk right by the pills forgetting to take them.  I have never been one to live on a time schedule.