If born with bradycardia can it be normal?
Hello everyone!

Just wanted some advice. My fiance has bradycardia since he was a child. Now he is 32 years old. I didn't know what it was, or understand until we started to notice that his blood pressure was high at the mall testing on a machine.

I focused so dearly on the blood pressure results, which were slightly high and then recently realized his heart rate was low. His mother assured me that it's normal for him b/c he was born this way, his grandfather is this way, and his brother is this way.

However, since we've been together he has passed out (fainted) 3 times. Sometimes he is very tired for no reason.

I slapped my fitbit on him and have been tracking him for a few days.

When he sleeps his heart rate is 43-45 / bpm
When he is just relaxing in bed it can be from 49-53
When he is up and walking around or being "active" (not exercise) like playing guitar or working (on the computer) his heart rate can go from 70-85.

Is this normal?

She said that athletes have low heart rates, but he is not an athlete...

He is not overweight and he is in good shape, but only from eating healthy and exercising.

Please any advice.
Those are indeed rather low heart rates.  I've seen lower ones discussed on this forum, but even so, anytime--anytime--fainting occurs when you've got a low heart rate, it's time to bring it up with a doctor.

It looks as though your fiancé does indeed have a family history of this kind of thing, but that's not necessarily OK, because, for example, fainting can cause serious head injuries.  Also, picture driving along at highway speeds and having a sudden faint? It could be a Bad Thing for many people.

Take this to a doctor and get an evaluation and some advice, for the sake of everyone's safety.