Heart Rhythm Community
Implantable Heart Loop

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Implantable Heart Loop

I just got the Implantable Heart Loop Recorder on Jan5 of this year.
I was wondering when you hit the querry button and it says OK, does this mean there is not any recordings? or just not any you need to notify your Dr. about? Will it show the phone light only if it goes under or over what it is set at?
mine is set to record if heart rate is under 30 or over 167.
The first time I transmitted information it had recorded just over 3 second heart pause while I was sleeping. I hit the record button 2x and heart rate was 156.
  I have had some skipped beats but not sure if that will show up at all?
Thanks in advance for any help
I had a St. Jude monitor implanted on Dec 15th. The OK just means that it has marked the event on the monitor. If the red light flashes that means it didn't read the device or mark the event so you must try again.

The monitor is great and I feel like it was the best decision I could have made. I was told it was just anxiety and it turns out I have atrial fibrilliation. I have walked around for two years now beign told it was nothing but that monitor has been such a blessing and revealed that I am not crazy. OKay, not too crazy. LOL!!!

Do you still have pain over the sight where they implanted it?
Thaks for your reply!
Marked what event?? If I didn't use the hand held reciever will it say ok?
I have to transmit information next week and I don't want to do that if there isn't anything on there.
That anxiety thing tends to come up alot...grrr
Yes I do still have a little sensitivity where they implanted it, if I touch it it hurts a little. Also if it gets bumped it hurts!!!
Mine blinks a green OK when I hold the transmitter over it and press the record button and it marks when I am feeling symptoms. Do you have a transmitter or little box to use to hold over the device and hit a buttonw hen you are having symptoms?

Mine is still pretty sensitive too and I have learned the art of side hugging. My daughter and I were playing around and she jokingly hit me in the chest. It hit smack on the monitor. I about came unglued it hurt so bad.
OMG MY son kicked me in the chest also.... OUCH!!!!!

I have a Reveal hand held one that you put right over the monitor to record an event if you are having symptoms. If I press the button it will blink green and get a check mark letting you know that your event has been recorded, and then it will either have the phone or the ok light. Usually once a month you transmit your information from a box.
I don't know, if you don't use the hand held recorder in that month and there is the OK light on if that means there are not any recording on it? I don't want to transmit if there isn't anything on it. It records on its own if it detects something, but I just don't know when that is...will it be the phone or can it make a recording and still have the OK light on instead of the phone? I am so confused, and feel like an idiot!!!
What is Atrial fibrilliation?
LOL, I have no idea how yours works then. Mine just says "OK" and flashes green when I activate it. I record up to three events and then transmit over the phone. I also go in once a month to get mine interrogated at the clinic.

Try and go to the manufacturer website. I learned more from St. Jude's website than my cardiologist=)

It where your heart beat is uncoordinated and doesn't pump adequately. My docs have been telling me for two years that I was crazy and these symptoms were anxiety. It took me passing out in November for them to take me seriously. Some people have Afib that lasts for days or weeks, mine is always done in about a minute. I have no idea how the heck people deal with it for longer. I get so lightheaded and sick when it happens.

Can I ask why you had it implanted?
What to are they going to do for you?
I have noticed on most of the sights I have been on that they often (especially with women) say that it's panic or anxiety. So frustrating!!!!!!!
Mine was put in because I sometimes get lightheaded and feel as though I am going to pass out, I have only felt that way a handful of times. I have SVT (racing heart) that is the main reason the put it in. They want to do an Ablation but wanted to catch the heart in an SVT run before they do it!
Right now they started me on an Afib medication called Multaq. He doesn't want me to stop having the afib, he wants to see it at a slower rate. When I have these events my heart rate is 180-220bpm and he can't see exactly where it is coming from. So the medicine is to slow it down and we can proceed with the ablation. I have only had two VERY small bursts since starting the medication so if there isnt' enough in two weeks, they are going to admit me to the hospital and give me meds to try to trigger it. I had an EP study but they coudn't find any arrythmia so he wants to do the medicine to trigger it versus being invasive with another EP study.

Hope all goes well for you and that your doc is listening. Sometimes I think just getting someone to believe you is the hardest part of everything!!!
Thank you for your posts. I am due to have a loop recorder implanted on Wednesday 6/22/11. I am 42 an have been diagnosed with tachycardia. I was also told that it was anxiety by my PCP but I just kept pushing forward and the cardiologist was wonderful listened to me and put me through a few test, I went for an EP Study but they could not reproduce the tachycardia but they said this happen a lot. I am happy that someone is listening to me, because my family history has heavy heart and cancer issues. I know its not going to feel great but I need to be alive I have my first grandchild coming Jan 1 2011.  

Debra~
Avatar n tn
Just kepin mind that the ionizing radiation from an EP ablation is significant and has cancer risk as a companion.