Irregular Heart Beat and Pregnant
I am 24 weeks pregnant, been having this strong heart beats where I would feel my chest shifting from its place. They are so strong, that breathing and standing up becomes an issue. I am taking hormone shots to support the pregnancy, as I bled in the first trimester, and so far my placenta appears to be low. This is my third pregnancy, almost back to back, and we have a bad history with heart desease in the family.... I am 35, and have seen two cardiologist, they both did ecg, eco and I have a heart monitor for 24 hours to register its activity. The abnormal heart beat is clear, but both doctors said that it is not life threatening, that my heart appeared to be normal. they recommended that I manage it until done with the pregnancy and after that a full investigation could take place. One of them suggested that it might go after the delivery. I am frightened by this matter, and I think am starting to have panic attacks due to that, I am very scared for my life and the life of my children of something happens to me... Is this symptom happening to a lot of women during their pregnancy? Do a lot of them get irregular heartbeats and then get to live a normal life? How can I managed it better, I still have three months, and sometimes the minutes feel like hours when my heart is pounding in my chest...
I know it can be scary to have your heart beat faster than it should but if 2 cardiologists have cleared you to be OK with the pregnancy then I would try to release the anxiety you are feeling because that could be making the situation worse.  There is a lot about the heart that is scary to us but the heart is amazingly resilient.  It can take a lot and still keep going.  So my best advice to you is to stop and take some deep breaths when you feel your heart start to race.  The more you can relax the more likely your heart rate will slow down and you will feel better.  And it is very likely that the problem will indeed go away once you deliver the baby.  Good luck and keep us posted.
Just a quick "Hang in there" post, and a hope you'll get experience history from other women who have had similar heart behavior.

My encouraging remark is: you have seen cardiologists and they believe you will be fine waiting until after your delivery for further heart testing/treatment. Anything you can do to put the worry out of your mind will work wonders for your health.  Believe in your doctors and report any changes in case the new symptoms point to an immediate problem.