Is afib a permanent condition
I'm a 35 year old male who has had 2 episodes of afib. I had an episode in 2005 and another in 2007. I had test done and my heart is healthy. I don't take any meds for this condition but I do take meds for high blood pressure. My question is will I contine to have episodes through out the rest of my life.
Hi Anthony

I have had one bout of a fib and have seen a cardologist and an electrophysist and both have said that once you get it, it is always with you.  However, it can be caused by certain triggers, mine was a very heavy duty drinking session (holiday heart).  I know someone else who took medication for sinus problems and went into a fib and another who is asthmatic and went into a fib after his doctor changed his medication.  Perhaps you could eliminate things to find the trigger.

Was yours a really bad attack of it?  Or was the second one not as bad as the first?

I hope that this has helped.

Personally, I don't believe dieases when first start can be for life.  I believe many people will jump in and argue with me or scream to my head off!  Yes, if you leave it too long and without manage or find the cause.  It'll progress to the rest of the life.

My A-Fib was fixed by the cardio programmed against my pacemaker.  I was given combo of different kind of medications.  I asked him how long I need to take them for?  He said for life!  My tears burst and he scold me.  The other website, one of the people told me his doctor re programmed the pacemaker and his A-Fib has gone and will no longer need any medication.  So..... I told my cardiologist, he adjusted my pacemaker and the A-Fib went completely.

Once I stopped taking the medication, my fatty liver has now disappeared.  Again, no one believe it but few ultrasounds proved.  It is not miracle.  It was the underlying been fixed.  Or found the cause and fixed in time.
It sounds like your situation has similarities to mine.  I was in A-fib once earlier this year.  I was cardioverted with IV medication.  On the 3(?) month check-up, my cardiologist was concerned about high blood pressure (13?/90).  He shared that his experience has been that his a-fib patients often had higher blood pressure.  He thinks it adds stress to the heart and could encourage the condition for a-fib.   I started the Diovan, and the blood pressure immediately responded to 10?/7?.  Since this time, heart palpitations / skips have decreased (not disappeared).  Does BP meds help you?

With respect to re-entry to a-fib, I think that someone like myself who has already been in a-fib has a greater chance of getting it again than someone who has not.  However, there are many contributing factors that  can be focused on to minimize this (e.g. caffeine, alcohol, blood pressure, stress (have not conquered this one), and some others that are listed on many a-fib websites).