Is heart rate 55 bpm normal and cause for concern
Just wondering,
I have when relaxed and restings a heart rate of sometimes 57 55 and 52 bpm. It varies. Should this concern me? I have had palpitations recentley and just noticed this.

thanks
Man o man all i have to say is that  would trade w. you any day of the week.  A resting rate in the upper 50's is pretty amazing.  Usually you see this with people who are super active, runners, indulge in sports, etc.  As far as the palps go if they keep popping up i would call the doc just so they can take a quick listen...it may be nothing at all and over 40% of the population has palps...no worries but just call your doc and tell them what is happening...peace of mind is worth everything to all of us....
I usually can not add anthing after cindy speaks, cause she is far more intelligent than I in this stuff, but I just want to play the devils advocate a moment. My brother went through life with is rate in the low 50s and was always told he was super fit. The thing was, he was NEVER active, and had some chest pains off and on, and when he turned 20 or 21 he colapsed because his heart dropped down to 30. (big difference I know between 55 and 30), but basically I am saying you should definately discuss this with the doctor. My brothers doctors always said he was fit as a fiddle, till it dropped to 30. He has a pacemaker now. Please know I am NOT trying to scare you, and Cindy has great advice, I just dont want to see anyone go through what we went through when we almost lost my brother, so perhaps at least talk to the doctor. The other thing, you can ask cindy or someone else on here, but my brother had 3rd degree block, and I think if you have that your heart rate will not increase with exercise--not sure at all though, so ask, but if that is the case, see if your rate increases with exercise.
Don't sell yourself so short Jenny....i always look for your posts because i find them super informative and good reading.  Jenny is right tho John.....get it checked out especially as she says if you are not an active person or even actually if you are because regardless of how many people have palps you need confirmation from your doc that thats all this is.....and Jenny sorry your brother went thru that at such a young age.....makes you wonder what people did back in the day before pacemakers, ICD's and the like were here on earth....
So I'm only 10 but I was wondering if I'm sitting in bed and have a heart rate of 55 if it is normal and I've had a problem for a while and what it is, is I have this weird feeling in my left boob that is hard to explain and sometimes in certain areas it starts to hurt and I was wondering what is wrong or if anyone can relate to my problem.
From everything I've read, 55 is excellent.  Also, your breast pain could simply be growing pains.  I, along with other young women, have experienced the same thing at your age.  Hope this helps, however if you continue to have concerns, it's always good to speak with your doctor.