Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Is it something to worry about?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is it something to worry about?

I have always had chest pain over the course of my life and sometimes shortness of breath. However, it was the first time I ever had such a hard heart beat that caused pain and shortness of breath. I had awaken from sleep for no apparent reason and at first I could feel my heart beat against my chest and then I felt my heart beat faster and faster and it started to thud against my chest painfully. The episode didnt last longer than half a minute at most and I was able to fall back asleep.  After I awoke I felt fatigued but still went through with my gym exercises.  Is this something I should worry about or is this something that happens normally to some? I looked it up and only found information about palpitations and how they were from strenous exercises, emotions, or anxiety attacks. I didnt really fit into any of those categories as during cardio exercise my heart beats rapidly but not painfully and I dont have trouble breathing; I dont have anxiety and I wasnt scared or frightening after I woke up from sleeping.  Any advise would be helpful.