Ku Shen herb
Hi, thank you for the great welcome. I'm trying to learn how this blogging works so please bear with me! I have had 30000+ extra beats a day for the past couple of years. My valves are clear and all the tests show my heart is still okay, but the elect. doctor is at a loss as to what to do next. I more often than not have a low pulse and low blood pressure, so why he put me on a beta blocker last week is beyond me, and the symptoms got really bad from day one, so I stopped them. I read some success with Ku Shen, so feeling a bit desperate, I ordered it the powder and started taking 2g yesterday. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any specific information on how to properly take this herb. (I put the powder in capsule form last night because the taste is horrible, as you had mentioned!). Questions: do I take on an empty stomach or with food, and do I take 1g in the morning and one in the evening or take the full dosage once a day at the same time, does it make any diffence? Also, how quickly do I increase the dose (2 to 3 gram, then 3 to 4 gram, etc.) and how large a dose did you take before the arrythmia's decreased or stopped? Did you experience any side effects? Many of the website recommends up to 50mg a day to treat arrythmia's, if necessary three times a day -- yet other sites say no more than 9 grams a day? And does this herb only treat specific types of arrythmias? I have a friend recommending me to a doctor in herbology, supposedly he trained under  one of the best in China, so this is my next step and I'll feel safer with his guidance. I'm just feeling frightened, and since the bb didn't work, I wanted to think outside-the-box and give this herb a try, but want to move slowly and cautiously until I more fully understand this herb and so nothing worse could possibly develop. Thank you so much for your help and input.
Perhaps someone using the herb can tell you what they have done, however, this Community does not provide dose recommendations on any medication or herb.  We are all (most) patients ourselves.

One word of caution, be very careful, many (most?) herbs are powerful and have associated risks.