Long term need for pacemaker after atrial fib ablation
I had an ablation for atrial fib 10 years ago. My new heart doctor informed me i would one day need a pacemaker because of the ablation. The doctor who performed it ten years ago was very careful in ablating just enough to solve the problem and said he did not touch or burn the good nerve under it. Is it automatic that I will need a pacemaker. My heart rate at rest is 48  and used to be 42 when i was 40 and in great shape. I do not experience dizziness or light-headedness.  I do not have high blood pressure and have not been seeing a cardiologist for the last ten years as I just want to get a thorough green light to start exercising. Ten years ago I had an angiogram prior to the ablation and I had ZERO plaque. I was realaly stunned by the doctors assertion that everyone who had an ablation when I did would need a pacemaker as a result of it. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
This is a new one on me, and I doubt (but do not know) that a successful ablation for anything would indicate the need for a pacemaker in the future.

Your resting HR is low, but if you don't have problems with it I say "great".

Seems it would be a good idea to have a check-up with a cardiologist given your heart history (ablation).