Heart Rhythm Community
Low heart rate, low blood preasure, constant dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

I am a 21 year old female, for about a month I have the constant feeling of dizziness, and my blood pressure is lower than normal. When I exercise daily at the gym my heart rate is low, even after exercising 40mins my heart rate does not go above 80, and it can ocassionaly go as low as 36 making me feel very very week, to the point of almost fainting. I don't feel sick just week. I have a history of fainting for no particular reason, i will feel very dizzy, start sweating and see black and faint, I saw a doctor and he said it  was nothing to worry about. Also from time to time I will get a very sharp pain in my chest which only lasts a couple of seconds. I find it difficult to concentrate, reading, listening to someone speak,,,
I tend to minimize problems and have been saying to myself that i'm just tired or have a lot on my mind, so thats why I haven't been to see a doctor yet.
Thank you for your time.
I think you should probably see your doctor. I would say this was stress related, but, normally stress causes high blood pressure and a fast heart rated. One thing you could have wrong is your Adrenal glands could be weak and not functioning to their full potential. I say this because I have read numerous articles about it and it always states Low blood pressure, low heart rate and dizziness are part of the symptoms. In fact, after re-reading what you posted, I would really suspect this to be your problem.

There is an easy test you can do at home to see how they are working. You will need a blood pressure cuff, first, take it while lying on your back, then, jump up fast, and take it again, if it stays the same or goes down, you have weak adrenal glands more than likely. The more I read your post, the more convinced I am of this being your major problem. There are supplements you can take for it, such as a good, food-grade B vitamin, as well as other vitamins like vitamin C, this is good for the adrenals also; a good multi-mineral is a must, and drink of plenty of water and avoid all sugars as usually hypoglycemia is associated with weak adrenals and, it, too, can cause the symptoms you mentioned.

I hope this helps, and please, see your doctor or an endocrinologist, if this is indeed what you have, you do not want to let it go on for too long, when caught in time, it is easy to work with.
I would definitly see another doctor.. Get blood work done! It could be a thyroid problem.

But you might have a slow sinus node.. You might need a pacemaker or need to take a drug to increase your heart rate such as atropine.

Go to a different doctor ASAP. This could be severe.
I would definitely go right to a cardiologist specializing on the electrical side of the house (vs the plumber which deals with structure, clogs and such).  I had similar symptoms at one time and after only a few days I received a pacemaker and as someone else indicated I was diagnosed with sick sinus syndrome.  While it may be normal for someone to run on the very low end of the scales, its not at all normal to have a pulse barely hit 80s after working out and if you find that it has gone as low as 36 it has probably gone lower when asleep.  They put mine in because my heartrate was hitting low 30s.  This would absoultely contribute to fatigue/etc.  Shawn
Thank you all for your help and advice, after having read your comments I will definitly go to a doctor to get things checked out.
Maybe too late for a comment, but ....
Dizziness when standing due to low heart rate, low BP, and maybe dehydration is not all that wierd. The dizziness/almost blacking out should not last more than five or so secs (maybe more). Once moving again, the symptoms should not return. I've experiencing that for at least the last 30 yrs. It's one of the consequences of being fit. Stand up very slowly. Doctor can't solve this situation, because nothing is wrong.
But I do not understand if you were fit, why did you feel dizzy? Did you try to check the reason for the same?

I had feeling dizziness for 3 years now. But with the following differences:
1. I never feel black out.
2. i never faint.
3. I just cannot make an eye contact while talking to a person when i feel that my head is moving.
4. Earlier it never used to happen, but for last one month i feel as though things are moving. It seems like an earthquake. And this happenes onece every half an hr. Even when i get up from the bed, having slept for a good 8 hrs daily i feel so.
5. I take an extremely healthy diet(i lelieve): Lentils, vegetables, eggs, (hardly any rice), milk, fruits, cereals, 2 cup tea, 5-6 glass water--- daily all of them. I am a vegetarian and do not eat junk food outside. I cook at home.

What could be the reason for my dizziness? Is there something missing in my diet?