Low heart rate
What effect does bradycardia (heart rate in 50's) have on energy level?  My cardiologist has medicated me to keep the rate that low.

Barb64
Are you on beta blockers?  Everyone is different but a lot of people find them hard to tolerate energy-wise.  They kinda have the effect of not letting your heart rate get above a certain point and this makes it very difficult to work out.  
My heart rate never went over 60 throughout my whole life usually in the 50's unless I was nervous, had a panic attack, a fever or exercised.  I have/had all kinds of energy.

I was put on Beta Blockers at one time for high BP and I was so fatigue I couldn't do anything.  But my heartrate due to the beta blockers had dropped to 30bpm and the Cardiologist I was referred to took me off the beta blockers immediately.

What was your heartrate before the meds?

I am on Beta Blockers to slow my heart rate down, this was because I have been fitted with a Septal Occluder to seal a hole in the heart.

My geart rate on Betaloc was around 60bpm, I recently had to change my doctor who put me on Atenolol my heart rate is now between 50 and 55, I do not get any side effects, eg dizziness and although I get quite tired late at night my energy levels seem to be quite good, my age is 64.
I must admit I dont have the stamina to do some things that I was able to do before I was put on Beta Blockers but I am now 9 years older than I was before I started taking them,
I can however do a days work and I walk most days to keep the weight off, as soon as my weight gets to high I do feel more lethargic.