Low potassium and SVT???
wondering if anyone has had low potassium and SVT? My blood work showed low potassium and I have to take some now. Also MCHC was high. I was told this is a trigger for SVT>. Thanks Carla

Low potassium is a frequent cause of certain arrhythmias, BUT, no one should self medicate with potassium since too much of it can also cause problems. If you have been prescribed potassium, and take it as prescribed, hopefully you will be on the road to recovery, or at the very least a minimizing of your symptoms.

Hang in there.

Be well.
I got a call from dr have to take potassium for 3 days. Mine was 3.1 and normal is 3.4. The MCHC was high also. Went to walmart with hub lastnight and couldn't breath and shook all over heart racing and then finally stopped. Then came home and did it gain at bedtime. Always at bedtime it seems for me or mornings. Weird.......Thanks

When I was last in the emergency with 240 bpm and reverted back with a shot of Adenosine the Drs told me my Potassium was also a little low. I have since started eating a Banana each day and have also quit Caffeine for about 8 months now since I only seem to get my SVT on a Sunday when I was drinking 2-3 cups of coffee... So far so good!

I think there are probably lots of different triggers that may start these palpitations... Not the same for everyone..

Paul
My potassium was 2.7 when I last went to the hospital for SVT in 2005.  
The times that I had SVT episodes, my potassium level was normal.  I wish that I could have avoided my SVT by my potassium level, I would saved myself alot of grief.   I recently had an cardiac ablation and now my SVT is gone for good.  

Best Wishes.
Yes, low potassium has triggered PVCs in the past. There is a direct correlation for me. Even as low as 3.3 (3.5-5.5) will set me off. The lowest my potassium got (2.8) resulted in a steady arrhythmia with a PVC every six beats for approx 6 hours (which was when I finally got my potassium IV). I take supplements every day.
My potassium level is 3.5 when I started getting my PACs.  I am trying to eat foods with more potassium daily.  Not sure if it's really helping.  Does anyone notice how long it takes potassium levels to get back to normal after eating a regular diet with more potassium?  I've had my PACs since early December but have not been adding potassium to my regular diet until early January.  
I have had SVT for 6 years, but only a few times a year until recently -- once, 3 times in one day.  That led me to wonder about a lifestyle connection.  I looked up heart arrythmias in a vitamin book and decided to try potassium, even though I've never had a low potassium level in a blood test.  So I started eating high-potassium foods.  It has worked, but I have to spread out the potassium throughout the day.  I only get 1500 - 2000 mg a day, usually, but it is enough.  I am much relieved to have found a solution.  ER doctors never suggested it.