MVP and a flare up of palpitations
Back in 2001, I woke up one night with this horrible skipping feeling in my heart.  It was going fast, then slow then fluttering.  I went to the doc, he took and EKG and saw it was an arrythmia.  I went on a holter monitor which confirmed the irregular heartbeats.  He said I had Mitral Valve Prolapse and that a combination of stress, reduced exercise and caffeine had probably thrown me off.  He put me on atenolol 25 mgs and told me it would resolve in a few days/weeks which it did.  I've had several echocardiograms since then which have been normal and have had occassional flare ups of similar palpitations/fluttering sensations which can be a bit scary.  They seem to coincide with periods of stress or lack of sleep.  
About two weeks ago, I had a flare up of these again.  These are very quick (one second) flutters that come and go.  They can occur every couple minutes over a few hour period or they can occur once every couple hours.  Some days they're more frequent than others. I went back to my doc yesterday.  He took an EKG - normal.  Of course I wasn't having the palpitations at the moment he took the test.  He told me this flare up can happen at times and to up my atenolol dosage for a few days.
I guess my worry is that this flare up has lasted two weeks and has not gone away.  Has anyone had a bout of these last this long?  I'm a bit worried its not going to go away and/or maybe the mitral valve is getting worse or something.  I have no associated symptoms with it.  I can run, exercise and have no weakness or dizziness, just these unsettling palpitations.