Mr.
I had ptyregium surgery on right eye in March 2011. No graft was placed. Since then I've always had pain on that eye. The pain intensifies the evenings and at night.  The  pain does not keep me awake, though.  I do sleep and wake up with no pain.  My surgeon has never explained the reason for my pain.  I've tried his suggestions of using Systaine drops, intermittently; even Restasis for the 60 day period, according to directions. My optometrist suggested to keep using Systane 4 times during the day, and gel one time at night for about 3 to 4 months.  I'm on the 1st month of this 3 to 4 month period. He mentioned that if my constant pain does not dissapear, my next option would be to have a graft placed to cover the operated area.  Please advise as to why the daily pain occurs, and will the hydration therapy help.  Or should I try something else for hydration, and or should a graft be my next option.  Thank you!
I am not sure if you have already figured this out but you may want to try the Eye Care forum to get a better response as this forum you posted in is related to heart rhythm issues.  I do hope you can get your issue corrected so you can feel better soon.