Multi Vitamin Question, please!

I know my Dr said I can take a multi vitamin, but I am concerned that EVERY vitamin seems to have their regular vitamins, and then on the bottom has extra herbs and other supposedly "good" things.

Can anyone recommend a good vitamin?

If one eats a well balanced diet there is no need for daily vitamin - that said any multivitamin should work - generic centrum for example is available from walmart....  the other stuff is in such small amounts there probably  is no real effect other than to increase sales.  
Some well-researched recent studies once again indicate that vitamin supplements are probably not necessary and possibly even sometimes harmful, as in this NY Times summary:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/11/more-evidence-against-vitamin-use/

That said, I do take a generic multivitamin like the one curmudgen mentions.  It's the result of habit or wishful thinking, I suppose, but the amounts in this basic type of supplement are supposedly within safe limits.  
I was actually very low in B1, B12, Magnesium, D and iron.  I was supplemented and all of those levels have risen.  I stopped taking them a while back ago because a lot of them have things like "Green Tea" and other stimulants in them and I didn't want an increase in the heart rate.

In the mean time I am taking Vitamin D and Calcium/Magnesium.  I just wanted to add a multi because they really do make me feel more energetic.

I'll have to keep researching and check on centrum to see if they don't have all those little extra "pick me ups" in their vitamin.

Thank you so much.  :-)

Susan

Since you know to some degree yur requirements just get a "stress B vitamin"...  magnesium chloride tables and 1000 IU of D3.  Take thes every other day and then check your levels i a few months.