Heart Rhythm Community
My Heart Beating Hard

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

My Heart Beating Hard

My heart beats hard and strong most of the time. It is not fast, but strong, and I am always aware of my heart beating. Sometimes I hear it from my right ear.
This started nearly one month ago. At first, my heart had suddenly begun to beat very fast and hard. I was very scared. Then, it calmed down. But since that day, my heart never beated at a normal strength. It's always very hard. I went to many doctors. I had EKG and x-ray, but they didn't find anything. Most of them said stress. They also told me to reduce tea, coffee and chocolate intake. I almost didn't take them for one month. And I never use alcohol or coke. Why doesn't my heart beat normal? I also sometimes feel a very little pain in my chest, while my hear is beatin strong. I always feel a fear. I couldn't feel happy or relaxed since that day. I am always worried about my heart.
I am 17 years old and really fed up with this. I want to feel like the in the pas I felt. What can my problem be? Please help me..
Hi i read your post this morning......you sound like you have the ideal heart to me if it is beating strong but not fast Faruk.  I am sure when you hear it beating in the right ear it is at a time when you are in a very quiet area and hearing your heart in your ears is actually not a bad thing and has alot to do with your blood pressure not the heart.  You have to ask yourself how do you know it is not beating at a normal strength? The only way to know would be to go through alot of long and expensive tests to find out.  I personally feel that at 17 years old that your body is not quite done yet growing and being a male as i am assuming you are by your name that you still have alot of changes going on with your body which would naturally effect your heart.  I don't think that there is a thing to worry about from what you have described and i think you will simply have to get used to your body in the new way that it has become.  It sounds to me like you have alot of worries and i would talk to your mother or father is possible or maybe an elder at your church.  If you had been born with heart problems your parents would have known and typically people are much older than you are when their hearts start doing funny things that are sometimes not so good. Take care of yourself my friend but i would not worry i think you are still just growing and your body is growing with you.....
can be  frustrating getting  your point across .Something feels different  in your body, you can keep track of what you are feeling, keep daily journal of changes in course of the day of rhythm &strength of heart beat..... time of day you feel the thumping  in your ear. At times we are all a little neurotic it is  healthy..can be scary so symptoms  amplifies ,I raised two sons and at your age life is stressful,my son a professional athlete has issues with his perfect heart ,when he is resting it skips what is known as PVC'S.he is healthy tip top shape ,what  am getting at ... ease your fears ...won't  help you in getting to bottom of this ...your parents took action by taking you to doc ..need to share your concerns with them...did doctor recommend heart monitor vest ?that records every heart beat in 24 hour day ,take care stay calm ,always here to listen bye
try taking magnesium supplement,
it calms down the muscles...

because the heart is a muscle,
it too loves magnesium.