Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
My Heart beat is pausing!

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

My Heart beat is pausing!

Im a 24 Y/O F.  I am healthy as far as I know, and have no heath problems to date.
I am a couple days into the common cold and have a barking cough that started yesterday and is still around today.
For about the past 6 hours, my heart has been beating weird. My resting heart rate at the moment is 112 and every 30 seconds or so, it feels like my heart pauses..then a big pulse comes and then back to normal. I feel this "strong off beat" pulse come up my throat and I am really worried.
Should I be overly concerned here? Or is it perhaps just a result of my hacking, barking cough?
Advice please. Thanks in Advance

Kadence
If you have a cold and elevated heart rate, that is usually not a concern.  It depends on how badly you feel.  112 is pretty fast for a resting heart rate -- some cold medications increase heart rate though.  If you have a primary care doctor, it probably best to ask them.  It is important to look at the whole picture to determine if something is different -- what is your normal resting heart rate, how sick do you feel, how long have you been sick, have you had fevers, etc.......

I hope this helps.
Thank you. I will try to get into my Dr, although it is usually a week wait. I think its most likely due to my cold and perhaps maybe some meds or ColdFX i've been taking, I never really thought about that.
Thank you for your response!