Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
My Heart beat is pausing!
About This Forum:

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My Heart beat is pausing!

Im a 24 Y/O F.  I am healthy as far as I know, and have no heath problems to date.
I am a couple days into the common cold and have a barking cough that started yesterday and is still around today.
For about the past 6 hours, my heart has been beating weird. My resting heart rate at the moment is 112 and every 30 seconds or so, it feels like my heart pauses..then a big pulse comes and then back to normal. I feel this "strong off beat" pulse come up my throat and I am really worried.
Should I be overly concerned here? Or is it perhaps just a result of my hacking, barking cough?
Advice please. Thanks in Advance

Kadence
Related Discussions
230125_tn?1193369457
If you have a cold and elevated heart rate, that is usually not a concern.  It depends on how badly you feel.  112 is pretty fast for a resting heart rate -- some cold medications increase heart rate though.  If you have a primary care doctor, it probably best to ask them.  It is important to look at the whole picture to determine if something is different -- what is your normal resting heart rate, how sick do you feel, how long have you been sick, have you had fevers, etc.......

I hope this helps.
2 Comments
Blank
Thank you. I will try to get into my Dr, although it is usually a week wait. I think its most likely due to my cold and perhaps maybe some meds or ColdFX i've been taking, I never really thought about that.
Thank you for your response!

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank