Need information about heart rhythm and what symptoms you might have
My 18 yr old daughter that has autism has been having problems. My daughter is 18, and has high functioning autism. We were very concerned when she had the acute attack at work recently that led to severe chest pains, trouble walking, dizziness. This happened with no warning or other symptoms. She has had recent episodes, but without the chest pain. Instead she said her chest feels tight and she sweats, feels weak, has trouble talking, and said her was going very fast. She asked if I could hear it. She had that last one just laying on her bed, with no warning.

These have been quite frequent and we had a heart montor for 48 hours. What is interesting is the difference between her heart rates. At the lowest it is 46 and the highest 152. The base line is 78. Here is some information the record.

The patient rhythm included 6 hr 59 min 33 sec of bradycardia. Slowest at 3 am Day 2, lasting 3 min 35 sec. The patient's rhythm included 7 hr 31 min 58 sec of tachycardia. Fastest at 9 pm Day 1. Supraventicular ectopic activity consisting of 14 beats of which 14 were late beats. Longest R-R interval was 1.5 seconds occurring 6 am Day 1. The longest N-N interval was 1.5 seconds occurring at 6 am Day 1.

She has one event during the monitoring but it didn't show any difference on the monitoring. Is it abnormal to have long periods of time having either slow heart beat or fast heart beat? We see the family doctor who ordered the test on Monday. Is there any questions that would be good to ask? Or, other tests.
Neither her lowest nor highest heart rate appears to be unusual.  When we sleep, our heart rates often drop into bradycardia.  We're asleep for many hours, and not doing anything that requires a faster rate.  If she doesn't get a rate of 46 beats per minute *during the day,* I don't see anything worrisome.

As for the tachy, 152 is high, but if she is emotionally stressed, that is not a rate to worry about.  As I'm sure you  know, people with autism *are* stressed a lot!

The other symptoms you mention--chest pain, dizziness, sweating, weakness, and even trouble talking--are consistent with panic attacks.  Please google panic attacks to see if you agree.

When you see the doctor, ask him/her if your daughter has any real signs of heart trouble.  At her age, it is *extremely* unlikely, but he may order some other tests to be sure.

If her heart gets an 'all-clear' after that, then you may have to take her to a specialist in emotional problems to see if she can be helped via that route.