Neurally Medicated Hypotention
Has anyone heard of Neurally Medicated Hypotention? I am seeing a second Cardio Doc, and he had me do a tilt test because I faint, and have dizzy spells, or attacks, He found i have Neurally Medicated Hypotention. I take 50mg atenolol now, it has stoped my symptoms until yesturday. I was sitting in class and yes stressed, and i got lightheaded, my heart was racing again. Lastnight in my sleep or trying to sleep my heart was racing and it felt funny. I feel more like hyperaroused almost all day? Anyone know what should i be doing or having the doc test me more for?

I believe you meant to write: Neurally Mediated Hypotension

"Neurally mediated hypotension is also called fainting reflex, or vasodepressor syncope or neurocardiogenic syncope or autonomic dysfunction or vaso-vagal reflex. Syncope is the formal medical term used for fainting."

I am not sure if the problems you have while sleeping or trying to sleep are caused by the same thing. You can ask your Doctor to do a Holter Monitor, or, if the symptoms do not occur every night, ask for a Loop Event Monitor (often worn for 30 days, you press a button when symptoms are felt, and phone the information to a Technical Center that analyzes the results as they are being phoned in).

Be well.
Thanks so much..I did wear a holiter, but a 24 hour one and it showed nothing. My mother, Brother, and his child have SVT. I think I might have it too, just havent had it discovered yet.
my SVT was diagnosed with an event monitor, i wore it for 30 days all the time, maybe you could ask your cardio for that type of testing.