Heart Rhythm Community
Neurocardiogenic shock

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Neurocardiogenic shock

I would have to comment that I have NCS but mine is malignant since I have convulsive syncope. I experience what doctors and those who have seen my attacks as resembling the signs of shock. So I am familiar to the relation, but I never had a name for it. I will research this further and speak with my cardio about this.

I do not crumple to the floor like most suffers of NCS. I  go down like a 2x4. I have concussed myself numerous time, broken my nose and fractured my left elbow. I become tonic-clonic. This is a scary condition and so I have recently incorporated the use of a service dog to alert and assist.

This discussion is related to Neurocardiogenic Shock Syndrome?.
I am sorry to hear about your troubles but I am glad you are seeking the care of a doctor.  I can't be certain but it seems as though an ICD may be appropriate in your case.  Please refrain from driving until you can get this all sorted out.  Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.
Yes, a pace maker has been suggested before from my cardiologist. Thank you for your post. I have wondering what would cause the convulsions, though.
Have you checked out the condition Dysautonomia (autonomic dysfunction).  This is more of a brain problem than heart problem.  I think a tilt table test is a good test to check for the condition.  Do you tend towards low bp?  If you do you might want to try adding a bit of salt to your diet.  Check with the doctor to make sure this is OK but it may help a bit.  But definitely check out dysautonomia.  Not all cardiologists are well educated on the condtion so you would want to find one in your area that treats it if you think it is something you possbily have.  Passing out is definitely one of the symptoms.  Hopefully someone with the condtion will jump on as well though you may want to also check in on the dysautonmia forum on this site as well.  You might get more helpful feedback there.  Especially on the passing out part of it.
I am a salt addict so I cant really add more salt to my diet. lol. I will look up this disorder. One thing that has really facilitated my condition is the incorporation of a service dog. She is a huge help to me in early detection.
I just looked up dysautonomia. I seen that NCS, neurocardiogenic syncope is listed. This is what I have been diagnosed with. The seizures are somewhat abnormal, but my cardio says they are a form of shock induced hypoxia.
Interesting.  Maybe your craving for salt is keeping you from being passed out all the time.  Our bodies do try to tell us what we need.  Well hang in there.  I am glad you have the dog to help you.