New afib medication
I hear there is a new afib medication. I have had side effects from both Pradaxa and Xaralto.
Please could you give me the name of the latest medication. thank you.
I assume you know, it not:  both the medication you mention are clot prevention, not AFib medication.  Yes, it is common practice to take something, simple as aspirin, or something stronger,to reduce the bodies ability to form blood clots, a major side effect of AFib.  Treatment of AFib, and trying to reduce  or stop it is something else.

There are some old and some new medication, simple as beta blocker up through strong arrhythmic drugs.  Has your doctor tried an of them on you?
Thanks Jerry for taking the time to respond to my e mail. My condition (enlarged left atrium) requires that I be on an anticoagulant. For quite a few years I was on Coumadin and now I'm on Pradaxa. Mine is not so much an arrythmia problem. There is a new anticoagulant medicine in Europe which will be FDA approved around March 15.
You may get better, more focused responses, if you post your question asking about a new anticoagulant, may even mention date: e.g., Seeking information on new anticoagulant coming next spring.  Just a suggestion, there are much better phrases I'm sure.

I have heard a lot of "bad" stuff, really the lawyers advertising to get more people in a class action suit against the Pradaxa company.  I had discussed switching with my doctor over a year ago, but as I get along fine with Warfarin, at about the cost of a name brand aspirin and Pradaxa was considerably more $$ I didn't switch.  I didn't check to see what Medicare Part D had to offer, I have secondary medical and primary prescription insurance from the company I retired from that seems to be better than paying out-of-pocket.  Obama Care may push the result in a different direction, didn't he promise lower costs : > ?  Then too he promised I could "keep my current insurance".. and that seems less and less likely as we go forward.