Aa
A
A
Close
Nonrheumatic Aortic Stenosis?!
I just finished up the cardiac gauntlet for PVCs which we believe were secondary to newly diagnosed hypothyroidism. Today while reviewing my chart online, I came across the diagnosis of "Nonrheumatic Aortic Stenosis" under my echo which my cardiologist said was normal. I'm a little worried about it!
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1807132 tn?1318747197
How old are you?  Are you on any heart medicines like beta blockers?  Did you ask them specifically about the finding?  I would suspect that the amount of stenosis may be super low and possibly a common finding with age but you might want to ask for more clarity and/or get a second opinion.  If you do indeed have it you may want to start to take a pretty active heart health lifestyle like diet and exercise to lessen the progression.  You might also want to post this in the heart disease section to see what people who know more about heart disease have to say.  Best of luck getting to the bottom of it.  I agree that I would want clarity on it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Thank you, I am only 30 years old. I do take beta blockers for palpitations but that's it. Cholesterol and triglycerides are normal.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
995271 tn?1463927859
Whoever read the echo (not your doctor) notes dimensions and either rules out issues, or notes things they cannot rule out.  You doctor then takes all these findings and figures out what is normal and what needs to be treated.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
Blank
tacolino is ... Comment
5 hrs ago
506791 tn?1439846583
Blank