Normal BP, Elevated Pulse
I had a Medtronics pacemaker installed in May 2009 for Bradycardia.  This is my second pacemaker.  The first one was installed in 2002.  After the first pacemaker was put in I developed slightly elevated BP,  that was  about 4 years ago and my cardiologist precribed Diovan 160.  After my second pacemaker was put in I started having dizzy episodes and actually blacked out for a few seconds once.  I have gone back to my cardiologist as well as the cardio physiologist and they said that nothing is wrong with my pacemaker but to cut back on the Diovan 160 to one half of a pill/day.  My BP is now running 101/70 but my pulse is always over 100 and I cannot climb one set of stairs without running out of breath.  I hesitate to return to this cardiologist as he doesn't seem to think that having this high of a pulse is any great concern but I am still having dizzy episodes but not as frequent or as intense as the ones I was having before I cut back on the Diovan.  For my whole life I never had a high pulse (always ran between 60-80) until after this 2nd pacemaker was installed.  What should I do?
While a rest HR of a bit over 100 isn't dangerous, I believe, it is high.  Strange given your low HR problem, being treated with a pacemaker, that you now have a high HR, seems there must be some connection?  I don't know.