Heart Rhythm Community
Normal ECG Result for Tachycardia patient?

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Dears, I am suffering from tachycardia since 2004. I went to doc and he said it was due to anxiety. Since last few months i am feeling my heart is beating harder than it used to be. Hence I had a check up recently and the cardiologist says my ECG results are fine. I insisted on doing some more tests like stress test, however, he did not agree and told me to consult another doc for anxiety related problems. My question is, do people with tachycardia have normal ecg results?? how can that be? Please help!!
I have had tachycardia all my life.  There is medication to help it and there is a procedure call an Atrial Fibrillation Ablation to stop  them from happening.  Next week, after 60+ years of tachys, I will have an ablation, I hope it is successful.

Yes, we do have normal ecg, even my stress ekg is normal and it is not due to anxiety..they told me that too.  It caused by cells in the heart.  It was explained to me as the electrical connections in the heart are miss fireing.

Research ablation, maybe it will help you.
Thank you so much for the response. I actually thought the doctor was busy and wanted to finish off the day quicker, and thats why he said my ecg was normal while i was hoping people with tachycardia do not have normal ecg results. Anyways, thank you so much for response.